PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What a Telesales rep offered me on phone help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99775)

rdcrds 12-02-2009 03:38 PM

What a Telesales rep offered me on phone help

Well i have a 7 line family plan that shares 2500 minutes.Well with all the extra stuff i have for free on there pick 5 1st coming minute free we use about 2000 minutes only.Well i called today and the guy offered me a touch pro 2 and a new line of service on my already 7 line plan.

Now when i call up account services they say my plan can't have more lines.

But the telesales rep told me here is how it works.He says i buy a touch pro 2 from him and put it on the cheapest plan they have which is a everything 200 or something like that.

Then after i get the phone he gives me a number to call up and cancel the plan and move the new line with the touch pro 2 to my current 7 line plan.He said he asked a rep in some department and they they claim they will do it and ill just have to pay the 10$ per month for the added line to share and it will have all the extra stuff on it that my other phones have unlimited data free etc etc etc.

Anyway has anyone ever heard of this? i would hate to get the touch pro 2 and then go to change it and them to say different crap or try and charge me for the cheap plan for a month which he said i will not have to do.

I really do not need another line of service but this guy offered me the pro 2 and the line.Anyone that has done this or like it tell em what you think

thanks.

strra 12-02-2009 03:48 PM

Re: What a Telesales rep offered me on phone help

wow that sounds shady...

japper88 12-02-2009 03:50 PM

Sounds fishy, don't you have to pay a hefty termination fee to cancel a line?
Sounds like the sales guy is just trying to get a commission off you...

rdcrds 12-02-2009 03:56 PM

well the problem is you are suppose to only have 5 lines on 1 plan well i got 7 i have done this before but not the way he is saying.

I have just called telesales before and they added me a line when they were not really suppose to back then.But this is a new thing to me now where he wants to sell me the pro 2 and on a cheap plan that i cancel when the phone comes and then they move this phone over to my 7 line plan.

I asked him about the cheap plan if i will have to pay anything and he said no since i will be getting rid of the plan no charge.But you know how sprint and there billing system works LOL.

All sounds funny but he claims he talked to customer service and they said this is the way to do it.

japper88 12-02-2009 03:58 PM

Maybe you should check out sprintusers.com its a website with forums that might have people more knowledgeable about your situation.

rdcrds 12-02-2009 04:13 PM

Yah i read over there and post from time to time maybe i will.

stevecn70 12-02-2009 04:23 PM

it is probably possible. I had started a 2 line family plan on Sprint with my ex-girlfriend and then we broke up 3 months later. It was a one year contract so I couldn't get out of it, so they offered to just keep the 2nd line but disable everything on it, which in the end came to about $10 a month, which was cheaper than the get out of contract fee, plus the free phone I got with the 2nd line. Then after the year I switched back to an individual plan.

piratedninja 12-02-2009 05:18 PM

i highly doubt they will let you add an 8th line to your plan.

they tried to force me to move 2 of my 7 lines to a new plan just so they would fix the billing problem, took 3 hours on the phone with various reps to finally get a manager high up enough to to just fix the billing error without us having to get another plan.

they're being very strict about having more than 5 lines per plan now for non business accounts.

good luck and let us know what happens if you go through with it

rdcrds 12-02-2009 07:39 PM

I think awhile back they made my account a buisness account cause i remember a rep saying something at 1 time.when i added the 7th line about 6 months ago it was pretty easy.

But i asked the guy over and over about paying for this cheap account and he said i will not pay they will just delete the account after i get the phone and then put this phone on my plan now with 7 phones.

I just wonder why they want to do it that way? i mean it is not the port a number over from another carrier thing like they did for people years ago.

Just makes no sense to me that they want to give me a phone on a cheap account then the day after i get the phone cancel the plan and move the phone over.