PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
WMWifiRouter Toggle Button

I love WMWifiRouter, but I wanted to find a way to make it easier. I thought about writing a mortscript that can be linked to a button with Keyboard Config so that it can be toggled on/off at the touch of a button. Would anyone else be interested in such a solution?

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff
Re: WMWifiRouter Toggle Button

i have already done this for myself...if you want it here it is...the cab installs into windows so all you should have to do is reference the key you want to remap to "\windows\wifi.mscr" it works for me but might not for you...try it and see!!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Toggle Wi-Fi Router.cab (16.1 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

as always if i or anyone have helped you in any way, please take the time to press , a lot of time and research has went into finding the solutions that help you and many others...much appreciated...thank you!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsleepr View Post
i have already done this for myself...if you want it here it is...the cab installs into windows so all you should have to do is reference the key you want to remap to "\windows\wifi.mscr" it works for me but might not for you...try it and see!!!
It would figure that someone would have this. I finally put together a script today (or rather three scripts actually) to make it work. And then I saw your post. Oh well it was a neat learning experience and now I have a better understanding of Mortscript.

Actually, after taking a brief look at your script (via WinRAR) it looks like your cab is for HTC Wifi Router. Mine is for WMWifiRouter.

Last edited by WisdomWolfX; 11-26-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff

aww like i said might not be what your looking for...if you dont mind could you post yours...i am curious to see your script

Last edited by jdmsleepr; 11-26-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I'll post it soon. The script is messy right now because I rely on two scripts in three spots. I have a startup script, a shutdown script, and a default script. The default is tied to the button and it's contents change between that of the startup and the shutdown script depending on what the next action should be.

I read the mortscript manual, wrote the scripts, and tested all from my phone so I did whatever worked. I'm gonna work on cleaning it up into a single script.

I have it tied to the mute button on the back of the phone. I just need to find a way to make that one button work even when the phone is in standby. I could always set the script to put the device back to standby after the phone starts up. Then, to really complete it it woud be awesome if someone knew a way to control the mute button light. Could have it turn on when WMWifiRouter is active. That would be awesome!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I completed the WmWifiRouter script for those who are interested. One script that provides a one click toggle for turning WmWifiRouter on/off in order to emulate a Mifi. It's far from perfect, but it get's the job done. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: rar mifi_script.rar (334 Bytes, 6 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2