PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATT

aha_neo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro2 Does not boot up

I had the Might ROM installed on my Sprint Touch Pro2 and then I tried installing this ROm http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=572938

The phone does not boot up at all after installation.

Is it Bricked?

I tried pressing the volume down button and End Key still nothing.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Does not boot up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aha_neo View Post
I had the Might ROM installed on my Sprint Touch Pro2 and then I tried installing this ROm http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=572938

The phone does not boot up at all after installation.

Is it Bricked?

I tried pressing the volume down button and End Key still nothing.
you might have picked up a GSM ROM...it won't work on your CDMA device...stick with ROM's out of here...XDA is majority GSM.

ok...just reading your post again....try this for bootloader...

reset button (in the batt case), volume down and end key while you power up the device from off. You should get bootloader from this.

also, did you flash a radio too? and you're trying to get a Sprint TP2 onto AT&T's network??

Put your phone in bootloader mode...and flash from there...I suggest flash stock first...then ROM of choice.

Last edited by amw1972; 12-02-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well from reading that looks like it contains a radio as well.looks like a gsm also.so you may need to flash stock. so i would assume you need to of had the sim unlocked as well. being sim needs to be unlocked for radio flashing. you should try asking their in the creators thread...

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

aha_neo is a n00b

I had the phone unlocked with security and CID as well before flashing to MightyROM for GSM.

Then I tried to flash to this new one and it won't even start.

Any help how Can i get it to atleast the bootloader.

What are my options.

This was a new in box phone from 2 days back and not yet registered.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

the problem is that you flashed a GSM rom onto a CDMA phone. they don't get along. as someone said in another thread, it's like giving O blood to an AB+ patient... bad things happen.
your best chance is to put it into bootloader mode by holding power+volume down while pressing the reset button with your stylus and then trying to flash the stock sprint rom via activesync. if you can't even get that far, you may be boned, my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Last edited by strra; 12-02-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: link for stock sprint rom
Old 12-02-2009, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

stevecn70 is just getting started

Leave phone unhooked from the computer usb.

Take battery out and put back in.

Hold down the power button and volumedown and then press the reset button with the stylus, the tri color boot screen should come up in a second or two.

It will say "serial" down at the bottom of the screen. Plug into USB on computer and it will change to USB.

Now run the Stock Sprint Flash utility on your computer.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
I had the phone unlocked with security and CID as well before flashing to MightyROM for GSM.
Mighty doesn't have a ROM for GSM....idk where you got that from. But yeah, try whats been posted. And next time try to read up a little more
Old 12-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

aha_neo is a n00b

I mean to say I wanted to use GSM , the phone was working fine on ATT after unlocking and putting on the Mighty ROM but it started giving issue after installing the new ROM.

I tried pressing the Power button on the TOP.

The Volume button just above the red reset button and holding them down at the same time.
And the phone was not connected to USB.

Nothin even after 1 mins
Old 12-02-2009, 02:12 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
I mean to say I wanted to use GSM , the phone was working fine on ATT after unlocking and putting on the Mighty ROM but it started giving issue after installing the new ROM.

I tried pressing the Power button on the TOP.

The Volume button just above the red reset button and holding them down at the same time.
And the phone was not connected to USB.

Nothin even after 1 mins
did you press (and release) the red reset button while holding those two buttons? if not, that's what you need to do.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

aha_neo is a n00b

Yes I pressed the power key then the volume down key and then pressed the red reset button.

I had all three of them pressed at the same time for 3 mins.
Nothing on screen

I bought this phone NIB from ebay 2 days ago, and have not even registered this with sprint yet.

I have contacted HTC for RMA what are my chances of getting it fixed without paying out-of warranty repairs?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2