PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which is the best 28005 6.5.3 Manila 2.5 ROM

Juicy's, Energy's or Calkulins'? Or perhaps others

I'm running Energy's 28004 and it's very good. But I'd like to get rid of these random #777 messages and I think it's related to proper provisioning. Network works fine but these pop up now and then. It also locked up on me once (in almost a week). And it's falling back to 1x mode which I think is related to the #777 error messages. In order to debug the #777 issues I need ##DEBUG# to work and it refuses to work on Energy's ROM (this may be true on all the 6.5.3 ROMs, I don't know). But Calkulins' effort to automate the provisioning is comforting. I also like Voice Command cooked in.

I realize there are some issues with all of them. But I don't care about MMS or Landscape.

Just wondering if anyone has tried them all and what their opinion is.

I could easily live with Energy's for a while but if there is something slightly more stable I'd go for it. The conflicting messages on 28005 from Engery makes me nervious to use it just yet.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: Which is the best 28005 6.5.3 Manila 2.5 ROM

I have found that the best option is to cook your own. I too was looking for a stable 6.5.3 build. I built a ROM with Calkulin's kitchen and used Manila 2.1 becaus I can't stand the delay in responding to a text with 2.5. I tried to make my ROM as close to stock as possible. If you don't want to roll your own I can post mine, but it's not anything special.

EDIT: I realized that you were looking for a 2.5 ROM so mine wouldn't fit the bill, although I could easily change that. I still think that rolling your own is the best idea if you are comfortable with it.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I have found that the best option is to cook your own. I too was looking for a stable 6.5.3 build. I built a ROM with Calkulin's kitchen and used Manila 2.1 becaus I can't stand the delay in responding to a text with 2.5. I tried to make my ROM as close to stock as possible. If you don't want to roll your own I can post mine, but it's not anything special.

EDIT: I realized that you were looking for a 2.5 ROM so mine wouldn't fit the bill, although I could easily change that. I still think that rolling your own is the best idea if you are comfortable with it.
I'm looking into that too, working up the courage . I have been reading Calkulin's Kitchen thread. I had played with V1.1 Kitchen but I'm stuck on step 1 (loading a ROM) with V1.1.7 (I posted the question the kitchen thread). In V1.7 it just came up all preloaded and I could just hit build and it built a ROM. I never flashed it though. I don't text all that much so 2.5 is ok with me. Unless that is the cause of my few issues. I sure like Manila 2.5 though.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm running a cooked ROM from Calkulin's latest kitchen.

WM 6.5.3 build 28005 manila 2.5 w/MaxManila 2.5

Love it, I keep it as slick as I can...only "app" I cooked in was GoogleMaps...I don't like re-cooking because an app was upgraded to a new ver.

No apparent issues...its fast out of the gate...MMS works out of the box (sending is thru album) but the ROM is provisioned in the cooking process.

Visual Kitchen seemed daunting to me at first, but easy to get the hang of...I actually think its so easy that its dangerous (if that makes sense to you all)

I agree with an earlier post...cook your own, so you have control of what goes in and what doesn't.

Have not had any problems yet...no crashes and no random resets.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
I'm running a cooked ROM from Calkulin's latest kitchen.

WM 6.5.3 build 28005 manila 2.5 w/MaxManila 2.5

Love it, I keep it as slick as I can...only "app" I cooked in was GoogleMaps...I don't like re-cooking because an app was upgraded to a new ver.

No apparent issues...its fast out of the gate...MMS works out of the box (sending is thru album) but the ROM is provisioned in the cooking process.

Visual Kitchen seemed daunting to me at first, but easy to get the hang of...I actually think its so easy that its dangerous (if that makes sense to you all)

I agree with an earlier post...cook your own, so you have control of what goes in and what doesn't.

Have not had any problems yet...no crashes and no random resets.
Thanks, I get the basic Idea. I'm just worried I'll miss something critical.

I did manage to build a ROM with latest kitchen.

Could someone post a .ERV file of a known working ROM with the latest kitchen (preferable on 28005) as a starting point. Is there a way I can load CalKulin's ROM as a starting point to tweak. The ROMs I have tried have been very close to what I want. I only want to make a few tweaks. Be nice if I could start with CalKulin's working ROM and just delete a few things and add a few things. I think some chefs have done a lot of skin work that I may not get going the Kitchen route that makes it very attractive.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:50 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I'm on Energy's 28004 ROM, and the sms doesn't have a delay like it did before. It's much quicker (although it could be more immediate). I heard the 28005 Energy rom has a few new issues, so I didn't flash it. I also don't care about Manilla landscape (especially with it's problems). So far, I'm happy with Energy's 28004. Just need mms...
Old 12-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Thanks, I get the basic Idea. I'm just worried I'll miss something critical.

I did manage to build a ROM with latest kitchen.

Could someone post a .ERV file of a known working ROM with the latest kitchen (preferable on 28005) as a starting point. Is there a way I can load CalKulin's ROM as a starting point to tweak. The ROMs I have tried have been very close to what I want. I only want to make a few tweaks. Be nice if I could start with CalKulin's working ROM and just delete a few things and add a few things. I think some chefs have done a lot of skin work that I may not get going the Kitchen route that makes it very attractive.
Here's the ERV from my last build. You'd have to change to Manila 2.5, but it works well. It should provide you with a good place to start. Be sure to make sure the carrier is yours or set to all before you cook.
Attached Files
File Type: rar WiseROM_S1.1.rar (2.6 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Ok, after spending like the last 20 hours building ROM with Calkulin's Kitchen I've come to the conclusion I like Energies ROM much better.

Things I could not fix in Kitchen (that could probably be fixed)

Autorotate on Opera 10 Beta 2.
Tower Position in Google Maps (which I think also effects GPS lock speed)
The tons of Reorganization Energy does to make things you click on go to logical places.
The tons of Nicer Icons and Color Schemes.

What I did like on the Kitchen Was:
Tons more memory free because I removed what I didn't want
A VoiceCommand initiated call over headset could be hungup from headset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2