PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

michaelj1981 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 and Touch pro 3

So..Since i've been purchasing pocket pc i've been dedicated to the HTC brand. I do dislike the lack of innovation when it comes to the specifications of there phones. I believe that if they were to make a touch pro 3 and really make a true advancments from the touch pro2 and the touch pro i think it could be a really great phone. The touch pro2 was a good phone, the touch pro *sucked* But im wondering if there were to be a touch pro 3 what phone in specifcations would you like to see. Be innovated be immaginable but reasonable.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 w/Mighty ROM
Carrier: Verizon

KaliKilla is becoming a great contributor
Re: Touch Pro 2 and Touch pro 3

IT needs the Android OS
Old 12-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

while its just speculation. alot of people are already expecting their next gen device to have >= HD2.
Personally, I'd like to se a tegra chip make it to their next WM device for sprint
Old 12-09-2009, 02:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

HD2 is all i need....the Tegra chip is fail....look at its adoption rate and u see why....ill stick with the snapdragon

Old 12-09-2009, 03:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

4+ inch screen, capacitive
soft reset button (sprint)
1ghz+, snapdragon or better processor
more ram
digital tv tuner
am/fm radio (sprint)
5mp cam or better, with flash
stylus with pen shipped with nib
htc browser w flash support, java applets etc

brand new ferrari free with purchase....J/K

overall the TP2 is solid IMO
so far I/m liking the kb, tilting mechanism, overall the whole device....
I also loved my TP besides the kb and htc design flaws....

Last edited by MinLo; 12-09-2009 at 03:13 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

TechnoBoy is just getting started

HD2 with a slide out 5 row qwerty KB = TP3
Old 12-09-2009, 04:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lets be honest the tp2 with 1 gb ram and atleast 5mp with flash.barely bigger screen would do it for all if not most of us.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
HD2 is all i need....the Tegra chip is fail....look at its adoption rate and u see why....ill stick with the snapdragon
The Tegra chip is nice, and Tegra 2 is even nicer. I don't know what adoption rate has anything to do with how good it is. Besides, it's powering the Zune HD, so Microsoft miust think it's pretty decent

What's fail is Snapdragon. Sure, it's at the top of the heap, but all it is a beefed up version of its predecessor, even has similar graphics drivers issues like them as well. We do not need 1GHz processors in our phones. Once the Snapdragon Android devices come out, I'm sure you'll see lower clocked Cortex A8 CPUs holding their own against it

I would much rather have the Tegra 2 in my next phone. If not Tergra, than a nice shiny new Cortex-A9 MPCore. I'm sick and tired of Qualcomm
Old 12-09-2009, 04:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
The Tegra chip is nice, and Tegra 2 is even nicer. I don't know what adoption rate has anything to do with how good it is. Besides, it's powering the Zune HD, so Microsoft miust think it's pretty decent

What's fail is Snapdragon. Sure, it's at the top of the heap, but all it is a beefed up version of its predecessor, even has similar graphics drivers issues like them as well. We do not need 1GHz processors in our phones. Once the Snapdragon Android devices come out, I'm sure you'll see lower clocked Cortex A8 CPUs holding their own against it

I would much rather have the Tegra 2 in my next phone. If not Tergra, than a nice shiny new Cortex-A9 MPCore. I'm sick and tired of Qualcomm
there is no other company stepping up to the plate to actually use any tegra in any device besides MS...yes there is a rumor nintendo will use it but outside of that and all of nvidias current problems it has yet to be the break through chip we all were praising.... the problem with the snapdragon isnt the drivers its HTC not using or asking Q for the right ones....
Old 12-09-2009, 05:07 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjnotu View Post
there is no other company stepping up to the plate to actually use any tegra in any device besides MS...yes there is a rumor nintendo will use it but outside of that and all of nvidias current problems it has yet to be the break through chip we all were praising.... the problem with the snapdragon isnt the drivers its HTC not using or asking Q for the right ones....

HTC is working with Tegra chips right now actually. Watch out for the Thoth (Athena2) Also Samsung has some Tegra goodies in development as well.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2