PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   back to stock (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99726)

ajac 12-02-2009 09:17 AM

back to stock

Welp I have gone back to stock roms the kitchens were great but just to unstable to much freezing and restarting and I just had enough. The roms were awesome though and i hope in the future the stability improves I may try again sucks to casue i loved winmo 6.x.x. Anyone else decide to go back? I dont wanna feel alone!! lol

strra 12-02-2009 09:28 AM

Re: back to stock

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac (Post 1379342)
Welp I have gone back to stock roms the kitchens were great but just to unstable to much freezing and restarting and I just had enough. The roms were awesome though and i hope in the future the stability improves I may try again sucks to casue i loved winmo 6.x.x. Anyone else decide to go back? I dont wanna feel alone!! lol

no issues with 6.5. 6.5.x, however, is a different story.

ycats 12-02-2009 09:29 AM

I find myself often going back to stock. The SMS/MMS not working on most custom roms is the killer.

fr0st 12-02-2009 09:32 AM

Juicy R5 working perfect. Battery life is great and MMS works perfect. Going back to stock is kind of like giving up. :)

xconwayx 12-02-2009 09:34 AM

Mighty Rom I had some MMS issues, but was quickly fixed once I installed the Sprint Arcsoft software and performed a soft reset! Works great on mine!

strra 12-02-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycats (Post 1379355)
I find myself often going back to stock. The SMS/MMS not working on most custom roms is the killer.

i've never had mms issues as long as arcsoft was installed.

Dragon2 12-02-2009 09:37 AM

custom roms are fun, but too many fixes and problems from the fix.......

Ive been running stock roms since I got the tp2, I tried 2 customs and both had issues, so I found a Stock Official 6.5 that works great and Ive ran it for 2 months now.......

CUSTOMS are fun, but lets face it, Its a rom made in a few day, then a fix, and a update, then another hot fix, now wierd things start happening, now ya gotta reflash, hard reset, reflash, ask why your mms isnt working, wondering why youtube fails, gps wont lock and now the task manager dissapeared........

I dont have time to flash multiple times a day or every other day, I like to get my stable rom set up, and add things via cabs, and we all know ya can do tons with cabs and manilla files without having to reflash every other day.......

that being said every now and then I may get bored, flash for fun, then quickly relize it was a bad idea....... just IMO

Fittske 12-02-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycats (Post 1379355)

Try CFay's 1.2 rom. This rom is the closest thing you will find to a stock rom for 6.5. I have not had 1 lock up or freeze up since I installed it. MMS works fine out of the box. If it a shot before you return to mediocre-rom-ville

japper88 12-02-2009 10:31 AM

It you stick with wm6.5 + Manila 2.1 roms you shouldn't have any issues with stability or MMS. It's wm6.5.x and/or Manila 2.5 that cause all the buggyness.

jmorton10 12-02-2009 10:39 AM

I am running Juicy R3 (see no reason to update to R4 or R5) & my system runs so well it is actually getting boring. I never have to reset unless I want to & I have no bugs whatever at this point.

I install TONS of apps/programs etc & EVERYTHING is working perfectly.

I sent multiple MMS/SMS both pictures & videos in the last few days & they send/receive just fine to multiple different carriers.

I can't imagine ANY reason I would return to stock at this point, my system is FAR more enjoyeable to use now than it ever was stock........

~John