PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Faulty Microphone on VZW TP2. Anyone else with this problem? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99680)

QMeli907 12-02-2009 12:12 AM

Faulty Microphone on VZW TP2. Anyone else with this problem?

So I've had my Touch Pro 2 for about two months. I got a call the other day, when suddenly I realized the person I was talking to couldn't hear me. I tried calling them, but still the same problem.

I took my TP2 into the VZW store, and they said it was a faulty microphone. They sent me a new one.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Touch Pro 2 devices, specifically Verizon customers?

j_apa_n 04-29-2010 08:50 PM

Re: Faulty Microphone on VZW TP2. Anyone else with this problem?

i bought one from craigslist & got it cloned to metro, then all of a sudden the mic went out. I called HTC since the phone is less than a year old & they told me to send it to their repair center in Hauppage, Ny . Needless to say they are going to repair it for free

QMeli907 04-29-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j_apa_n (Post 1726862)
i bought one from craigslist & got it cloned to metro, then all of a sudden the mic went out. I called HTC since the phone is less than a year old & they told me to send it to their repair center in Hauppage, Ny . Needless to say they are going to repair it for free

Anything under the one year warranty they should repair for free :headbang:

drewcam888 04-30-2010 09:08 AM

I think this is one issues that fails on vzw phones. But I haven't had the problem

evoodoo 08-01-2010 11:17 AM

Mine has apparently failed, but there's no warranty.
Not sure what can be done.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

doogie 08-01-2010 01:30 PM

I have this problem as well. The sensitivity on the mic tanks and nobody can hear me unless I'm yelling.

I was sent two refurb phones and both have had the problem. I'm just kinda living with it currently.

Sprint seems to be pretty willing/able to repair phones in store - VZW doesn't seem to have a similar policy. Are you guys having better luck going to the store, in terms of convincing them that the "Like New Replacement", isn't?

signalsoldier 08-01-2010 03:19 PM

Wow mine seems to have tanked today. My mic does not work at all....speaker phone, regular phone calls, voice recorder nor camcorder. No rhyme or reason just dead :(

kern417 10-08-2010 03:47 PM

ARGH...i had this problem when i first got the phone last year and after a few hard resets it went away...it just came back a day or two ago and i REALLY need it, i have phone interviews for a job i need to do im graduating in December >_<

any help is appreciated

horndoctor 10-08-2010 04:14 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kern417
ARGH...i had this problem when i first got the phone last year and after a few hard resets it went away...it just came back a day or two ago and i REALLY need it, i have phone interviews for a job i need to do im graduating in December >_<

any help is appreciated

Other than flashing the shipped rom and running clear storage you could try installing one of the tweaked Audiopara cabs or rilphone files. :dontknow:

eric12341 10-08-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1969304)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Other than flashing the shipped rom and running clear storage you could try installing one of the tweaked Audiopara cabs or rilphone files. :dontknow:

this is kern ur dealing with. he doesn't like 6.1 rom suggestions.