PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

joeyc1123 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
where are the fps'(first-person-shooters) hiding?

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Are there any first-person-shooters for windows mobile? i havent seen one yet.

Last edited by joeyc1123; 12-02-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:24 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Re: where are the fps'(first-person-shooters) hiding?

I remember seeing COD somewhere (I played it, it's not bad), and I think there is a Doom for PPC.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yep was playing COD 6 earlier today its OK, but not close to the actual game lol. It would be sweet if we had a program like palm os did that used the camera to have the background and you kill aliens and such.... http://toyspring.com/arcade/index.php

But instead of shooting aliens it would be sick if you shot others like COD
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Sorry to break the news. From Pro 2 and down HTC ppc's, are lacking 3d acceleration. So no 3d game will run over 2fps. Need4speed is a exception. They actually paid to get their game to actually run. From what I hear.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Sorry to break the news. From Pro 2 and down HTC ppc's, are lacking 3d acceleration. So no 3d game will run over 2fps. Need4speed is a exception. They actually paid to get their game to actually run. From what I hear.
always causing problems....
I mean telling us how it is....
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

joeyc1123 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

I've searched everywhere and still can't find doom that actually works with the tp2. That would've made me happy
Old 12-02-2009, 03:14 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Just do a search for Pocket Doom

Pocket Doom
Requirements: WM5-6, maybe 2003
Overview: Full version Doom I & Doom II

Full version Doom I & Doom II, plus Additional parts TNT & Plutonia

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 12-02-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Um, not sure where you're getting your info but I have many games installed that utilize the 3d acceleration of the TouchPro2. In fact, virtually every HTC phone since the Diamond includes drivers for 3d acceleration. I have games such as call of duty 2, quake 3, tony hawk, boom blox, need for speed undercover, xtrakt, experiment 13, buggy & games for betting (2d but utilitize the opengles acceleration) all using the 3d acceleration. In fact, the best games (cod2, xtrakt, and experiment 13 are probably the best 3d games on here) are pretty much iphone quality. It's unfortunate that more developers are not willing to put the time to utilize the graphics card fully in our phones. The touch pro2's gaming hardware is actually better than that of the original iphone and 3g (but not 3gs)
Old 12-02-2009, 06:17 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
Um, not sure where you're getting your info but I have many games installed that utilize the 3d acceleration of the TouchPro2. In fact, virtually every HTC phone since the Diamond includes drivers for 3d acceleration. I have games such as call of duty 2, quake 3, tony hawk, boom blox, need for speed undercover, xtrakt, experiment 13, buggy & games for betting (2d but utilitize the opengles acceleration) all using the 3d acceleration. In fact, the best games (cod2, xtrakt, and experiment 13 are probably the best 3d games on here) are pretty much iphone quality. It's unfortunate that more developers are not willing to put the time to utilize the graphics card fully in our phones. The touch pro2's gaming hardware is actually better than that of the original iphone and 3g (but not 3gs)
Oh snap, that was awesome!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nobunschit is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
Is this w/ the stock rom for the most part? Or should we install the D3D acceleration tweaks to help it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2