PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 11:40 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 $199 on SERO

The TP2 despite the similar specs runs much smoother than the TP, lots of threads about it. The most likely answer is that the TP2 has better drivers.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
WOW! you guys are still considering buying this fail phone? IMHO... dont buy it. You loose too much from the Pro1 and gain only a slightly bigger screen. not worth it.
Why do you have a Touch Pro 2 in your signature then?

I had a Diamond (which is a Touch Pro with no KeyBoard) and after playing with it the other day I couldn't believe the difference in the screen. It is worth it alone for the screen.

Better battery, No funky buttons, No Adapter needed for Audio, a really great speaker. I wish it had a flash the camera though. I could care less about the D pad.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
WOW! you guys are still considering buying this fail phone? IMHO... dont buy it. You loose too much from the Pro1 and gain only a slightly bigger screen. not worth it.
So douchey...

I got the TP2 for $199 on Sero as an upgrade from my Treo 755p and couldn't be happier. Not everybody here has a TP1... besides... for someone who wants a phone with a large touchscreen, tactile keyboard, and isn't a giant brick what else would you recommend? A Touch Pro for the same price?

Why is TP2 in your sig smartass?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:48 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
So douchey...

I got the TP2 for $199 on Sero as an upgrade from my Treo 755p and couldn't be happier. Not everybody here has a TP1... besides... for someone who wants a phone with a large touchscreen, tactile keyboard, and isn't a giant brick what else would you recommend? A Touch Pro for the same price?

Why is TP2 in your sig smartass?
+ 1 on the doucheyness

i love my tp2
Old 12-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Koneeak is a n00b

I AlReady Have A Touch Pro 2 And I Just Did An UpGrade For The HTC Hero For $29.99 And Got Free Shipping By Using The Promo Code 3-5DAYS

Thanks OP For This!!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:38 AM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koneeak View Post
I AlReady Have A Touch Pro 2 And I Just Did An UpGrade For The HTC Hero For $29.99 And Got Free Shipping By Using The Promo Code 3-5DAYS

Thanks OP For This!!
did u use an accenture email?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Koneeak is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
did u use an accenture email?
Nope.. I Have An Employee Discount Through Time Warner Cable So I Entered The Time Warner Email Address.. I Hope EveryThing Goes Through Smoothly.. I'll Wait And See..
Old 12-02-2009, 01:45 AM

i hope so too. i dont have any corp discount avail. to me. although i did use a time warner email addy too. i have their internet, so i have a kc.rr.com acct. lol.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO4G

mawst95 is keeping up the good workmawst95 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I've been on a vogue for 2 years. The TP2 is significantly better. If you don't like the phone, why are you posting in the TP2 forum?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
im not on sero, so im not concerned with that. i didnt even get a tp2. i have 1 already if u can see my summary at the top of this post. i got a hero for my gf for 149. shes only elgible for a 75 dollar rebate and no promo discounts, cuz she hasnt finished her contract. sprint websit wanted 404.00 for that.
Did you try to talk to retentions first? They usually are very helpful and might have been able to hook up the TP2 for renewal prices.

I was successfully able to get a full upgrade for an account that wasn't up yet. Just make up something good. At the time it was: "I just got this new phone and now my wife is upset that I didn't get one for her too is there any way that you can extend her the new member price if we renew for two years now? I would really appreciate it."

The rep was really nice and said sure no problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2