PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Just ordered my TP2 ?s inside (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99617)

desairs 12-01-2009 06:04 PM

Just ordered my TP2 ?s inside

Hey guys I'm back after spending a few months with a BB Tour. I love the phone and it has great battery life. The problem I am facing is not flashing roms all the time like I used to with my Mogul, TP, Diamond, etc. I do have a few questions.

1. Compared to the Tour how is the battery life? (with a modded rom)
2. How heavy is it compared to the TP1?
3. Overall are you happy with it? (Please tell me if you came from a BB so I will know.)

strra 12-01-2009 06:09 PM

Re: Just ordered my TP2 ?s inside

Quote:

Originally Posted by desairs (Post 1377740)
Hey guys I'm back after spending a few months with a BB Tour. I love the phone and it has great battery life. The problem I am facing is not flashing roms all the time like I used to with my Mogul, TP, Diamond, etc. I do have a few questions.

3. Overall are you happy with it? (Please tell me if you came from a BB so I will know.)

1. i'd say it's about on par with the tour with its push email ... i can get a good 1.5-2 days with moderate use
  2. it's slightly heavier but it's not enough to be a deal-breaker
  3. i like my tp2 infinitely better than my blackberry. blackberry does its thing and well, but my tp2 is a pocket super computer in comparison

Dr.8820 12-01-2009 06:18 PM

the tp2 is great on battery life, can't touch my bb though. it's a little heavy, but very functional. htc did away with alot of the things that gave the tp problems, such as a proximity meter that turns the screen off when you put it on your cheek during a call, and comes back on when you're done.

jmorton10 12-01-2009 06:26 PM

My boss has a BB Tour & its battery life is light years better than any TP2.

That being said, the battery life in my TP2 is plenty good enough (WAY WAY better than my TouchPro's where) & I like the TP far better than his phone.

I can easily get over a day of use from my TP2 battery & that is all that really matters. I have three batteries for the TP2, but I have yet to need to swap one out during the day........

~John

strra 12-01-2009 06:27 PM

everybody says their blackberry's battery is amazing.... so i may stand corrected because the fact that i have zero service at home may influence mine ;)

subzero1313 12-01-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desairs (Post 1377740)

From my experience, BBs can't be beat for battery life. Im a fairly heavy user and my TP2 can go maybe 12-15 hours. I had a Pearl on Tmo, granted I didn't use it as much, but I could go 3-4 days

The TP2 is a brick, its big, its heavy. But damn does it feel good in my hand

God yes! No other phone on the market in the US Id rather have

Dr.8820 12-01-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strra (Post 1377810)
everybody says their blackberry's battery is amazing.... so i may stand corrected because the fact that i have zero service at home may influence mine ;)

that might be it. i can go 2-3 days or longer between charges.