PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 11:29 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: Tethering as main Internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
There's a step by step on the wiki page
can i get a link? i honestly can't find it for the life of me
Old 07-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: att

kilgoretrout is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering as main Internet.

Originally bought an Incite. And the Geeksquad $10/month no q asked protection. Got on clearance for $50! Knocked off a counter & unrepairable I got a free replacement to top of the line so I got Palm Treo Pro w WM6.1, GPS, 3G, WiFi, IR, BlueTooth, touchscreen+real_keyboard, USB, stereo phone plug, speakerphone etc. whole 9. Sweet! Plus grandfathered into unlimited ATT data for $30/mo (of course plus the "Smartphone" premium charge, argh!).

Tether it to latop with Internet Sharing and during off-peak (abut 10pm-7am) my download manager is able to use multiple connections and I get 250-400KbPS regularly, often 400-700, and Ive even seen it peak at over 1000! Always forced back from that by ATT tho it seems, haha. I can at same time also connect laptop via WiFi broadcast of DSL so that adds an additional 165-230KbPS bandwidth that download manager is able to leverage.

During peak times 8am-8pm it gets pretty sucky tho, G3 only pulls in 75-150KbPS.

I use anywhere from 10 to over 100 G per month depending on how obsessive my downloading of media stuff is. Once ATT sent me a letter sheepishly "noting" how much more data I use than the average of "others", and nearly begging me to please avail myself of WiFi outlets more often. No limits or threats were stated, just the pathetic request which I laughed at and crumpled up into a mini basketball. (I made the shot into the trash btw, hehe).

Only problem is that sometimes both the tether and the WiFi will coexist and keep downloading together for many hours, but many times the tethered ATT 3G decides to stop downloading. I need to either reboot the phone , or I have found go to the properties of the connection, disable the Internet Protocal Version 4 (TCP IPv4), let the internet connection stop (but it maintains connection to the phone), then turn it back on, at which point the adapter resets or something and it opens my G3 tethered data pipe back up again.

Anyone know how to avoid this?

Having the QoS option on does not help, and just takes away several KbPS of speed so I leave that off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2