PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible to use TP2 on both Sprint and ATT at the same time?

Ok, shot in the dark here.
My personal phone is a Sprint TP2. But, my work provides me with an ATT cell that doesn't have data, just unlimited voice and text.
My question is: Is it even remotely possible that I could have my global TP2 be used for both lines of service? For example, pop my ATT sim card into my TP2, and still be able to use the phone on both Sprint and ATT at the same time?

It would be sweet to have both on one phone, as I wouldnt need to carry my stupid ATT LG Shine everywhere I went.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Possible to use TP2 on both Sprint and ATT at the same time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Ok, shot in the dark here.
My personal phone is a Sprint TP2. But, my work provides me with an ATT cell that doesn't have data, just unlimited voice and text.
My question is: Is it even remotely possible that I could have my global TP2 be used for both lines of service? For example, pop my ATT sim card into my TP2, and still be able to use the phone on both Sprint and ATT at the same time?

It would be sweet to have both on one phone, as I wouldnt need to carry my stupid ATT LG Shine everywhere I went.
not speaking out of experience but i dont think it is possible because you need to switch setting between gsm and cdma and would not be able to pick up both towers at once.not the brightest answer sorry but hope this helps.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

as of right now u cannot have both radios on at the same time!! but it is possible we just need to find what is making the radios switch and change some of the coding!! but im sure battery life will suck if this ever happens!!

Old 12-01-2009, 03:12 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Well you could definitely flash your phones radio and do the domestic sim unlock etc. to get your AT&T sim card working on your Sprint CDMA phone. Not sure if the phone can access both at the same time. Although there is "global mode" that looks for both a CDMA/GSM signal. You could set up your phone to at least be able to access the AT&T network with your AT&T sim card, then see if it can use both at the same time?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
as of right now u cannot have both radios on at the same time!! but it is possible we just need to find what is making the radios switch and change some of the coding!! but im sure battery life will suck if this ever happens!!
Awww... shucks!

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2