PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Possible to use TP2 on both Sprint and ATT at the same time? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99581)

BooDaddy 12-01-2009 03:04 PM

Possible to use TP2 on both Sprint and ATT at the same time?

Ok, shot in the dark here.
My personal phone is a Sprint TP2. But, my work provides me with an ATT cell that doesn't have data, just unlimited voice and text.
My question is: Is it even remotely possible that I could have my global TP2 be used for both lines of service? For example, pop my ATT sim card into my TP2, and still be able to use the phone on both Sprint and ATT at the same time?

It would be sweet to have both on one phone, as I wouldnt need to carry my stupid ATT LG Shine everywhere I went. :)

Rager02 12-01-2009 03:08 PM

Re: Possible to use TP2 on both Sprint and ATT at the same time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooDaddy (Post 1377234)
Ok, shot in the dark here.
My personal phone is a Sprint TP2. But, my work provides me with an ATT cell that doesn't have data, just unlimited voice and text.
My question is: Is it even remotely possible that I could have my global TP2 be used for both lines of service? For example, pop my ATT sim card into my TP2, and still be able to use the phone on both Sprint and ATT at the same time?

It would be sweet to have both on one phone, as I wouldnt need to carry my stupid ATT LG Shine everywhere I went. :)

not speaking out of experience but i dont think it is possible because you need to switch setting between gsm and cdma and would not be able to pick up both towers at once.not the brightest answer sorry but hope this helps.

Adrianh85 12-01-2009 03:11 PM

as of right now u cannot have both radios on at the same time!! but it is possible we just need to find what is making the radios switch and change some of the coding!! but im sure battery life will suck if this ever happens!!

japper88 12-01-2009 03:12 PM

Well you could definitely flash your phones radio and do the domestic sim unlock etc. to get your AT&T sim card working on your Sprint CDMA phone. Not sure if the phone can access both at the same time. Although there is "global mode" that looks for both a CDMA/GSM signal. You could set up your phone to at least be able to access the AT&T network with your AT&T sim card, then see if it can use both at the same time?

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1377253)
as of right now u cannot have both radios on at the same time!! but it is possible we just need to find what is making the radios switch and change some of the coding!! but im sure battery life will suck if this ever happens!!

Awww... shucks!