PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Skism is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just flashed to Juicy... Juicy or someone, HELP

I just flashed and I'm receiving text messages and can send them, but I can't send picture mail and I recieve it but its asking me to download. Anyway to uninstall whatever program this is and get the stock mms working? Please help, I send pictures daily...
Old 12-01-2009, 08:18 AM
g00s3y

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Just flashed to Juicy... Juicy or someone, HELP

Unfortunately its somewhere in the 200+ pages of his rom thread that people talk about how to fix it depending on which carrier you have, try searching, I forget what page it was on, somewhere in the low 200's i think was the fix you are asking for...
Old 12-01-2009, 08:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Just search the Juicy ROM thread in the upgrade section, you'll find it easy enough.

I have the whole procedure saved, but I'm on Verizon & it is slightly different for Sprint so I don't want to confuse you by posting it.

One thing I would advise you do immediately is DL & run the zenyee disable HTC messaging cab. This makes the system MUCH MUCH more pleasant to use.

You CAN use the HTC app for SMS & the WM default for MMS if you want, but the HTC app is a really laggy POS & if you do a lot of texting it will turn you off to the ROM real quickly..........

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:49 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

Disable HTC messaging from this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=556614

Install the arcsoft mms cab from this post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=129

This worked for me when I was running juicy

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 12-01-2009, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

just searched the thread & found this for you:

"I did two things for MMS for sprint (not including choosing Sprint during the provisioning process after flashing the ROM):

#1 made the registry edit:

HKLM\System\Inbox\ExternalAccounts and changing the name of the SMS key to SMS.htc

#2 updated the MMS server settings in HTC messaging to:

IP Address: blank
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
Connect via: Sprint
Send limit: 1024 KB
WAP version: none

That's it! Can receive MMS just fine in HTC Messaging, but have to send through WM messaging "
Old 12-01-2009, 08:55 AM
VIP Member

It is NOT necessary to install a different version of Arcsoft & you don't absolutely HAVE to disable the HTC messaging either (it just makes it a lot more pleasant to use as the HTC app is so laggy if you do a lot of texting like I do)

~John
Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skism View Post
Anyway to uninstall whatever program this is and get the stock mms working? ...
Here is the "disable HTC messaging" cab.

I really LOVE this ROM now that I have that problem solved.

Using the default WM messaging solves the only thing I didn't like about this ROM, that actually had me thinking of going back to a manila 2.1 ROM.

~John
Attached Files
File Type: cab Disable HTC Messaging.CAB (21.7 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

please note the disable htc messaging cab does not support threaded messaging.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Skism is a n00b

I did the disable htc messaging cab. It worked perfect. I can receive picture now, and send them. Also, it wasn't doing thread messaging at first. All I did was delete the "conversation" folder. Made sure I emptied the text messaging folders, rebooted and now messaging is threaded. Thanks for the help!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does the disable HTC messaging cab do anything for the folks that run SPB Mobile Shell? Or is it only for people who run Touch Flo/Sense?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2