PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   palringo? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99495)

jazzerciseee 12-01-2009 03:32 AM

palringo?

i downloaded it from the website and it was working well for a while, but then it stops working and when i try and run it, a error msg tell me that the app cannot be run because it is an unrecognized file. i also tried getting palringo .cab files, but they don't work near as well, and the facebook part of it won't work.

heeelp?

bluedeer 12-01-2009 05:42 AM

Re: palringo?

Not sure what the problem is, I use Palringo all the time. Make sure you're downloading the right version. Best thing to do is go to palringo.com with Opera Browser and download it from there and re-run the cab.

harlem135th 12-01-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzerciseee (Post 1376254)
i downloaded it from the website and it was working well for a while, but then it stops working and when i try and run it, a error msg tell me that the app cannot be run because it is an unrecognized file. i also tried getting palringo .cab files, but they don't work near as well, and the facebook part of it won't work.

heeelp?

Same issue I had make sure that you uninstall it completely i used memmaid then reinstalled and it worked as well as the fb part.

Ender519 12-01-2009 10:19 AM

I use Palringo on VZW TP2 running mightyrom, works great.. never had an issue. I suspect like others are saying, your copy is corrupt somehow. Reinstallation should resolve that.

jazzerciseee 12-01-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlem135th (Post 1376510)
Same issue I had make sure that you uninstall it completely i used memmaid then reinstalled and it worked as well as the fb part.

i used memmaid and it worked, but now it is saying again
" 'palringo' is not a valid Pocket PC application "
also, i did get on opera to the site to DL it. /:

jazzerciseee 12-01-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ender519 (Post 1376583)
I use Palringo on VZW TP2 running mightyrom, works great.. never had an issue. I suspect like others are saying, your copy is corrupt somehow. Reinstallation should resolve that.

how can i use mighty rom?
the only thing i've done with my phone is just run some .cab apps.
i haven't done any rom stuff.
is that what the problem is?

Ender519 12-01-2009 11:12 AM

No, palringo should work on stock ROM. If you want to look at using a custom ROM, there is loads of info in the CDMA upgrades section.

Download a fresh copy of Palringo on your computer (not over the air or through mobile browser) and copy it over to your phone when plugged into your computer, try installing a different copy of the CAB. Once that is done, see if you can launch it.

Spiderman313 12-01-2009 11:24 AM

It does that sometimes when it auto updates. A soft reset usually fixes it.

jazzerciseee 12-01-2009 11:28 AM

i downloaded the beta version from the website and it is working fine now (:

thanks everyone!

harlem135th 12-01-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman313 (Post 1376680)
It does that sometimes when it auto updates. A soft reset usually fixes it.

correct it would do that when it is updating palringo. thats If you are using the app. but I had an issue when i would simply tap the app icon and the error would pop up. thats when I just reinstalled the app did the soft rest and it worked. I'm on the stock rom.