PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Assign ringtones from SD? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99480)

chidesd 12-01-2009 01:52 AM

Assign ringtones from SD?

I search and couldnt find anything so here go.
How do u assign a ringtone to a person from a SD on the TP2?
Is there a folder it needs to be in? Is there a size limit? is there a file type it has to be?
Also under the music tab how to u get music to auto show up?

WhiteBlazer01 12-01-2009 02:03 AM

Re: Assign ringtones from SD?

You choose specific ringtones in each respective contact card. But the ring may have a delay if played from the SD card.
The music tab should auto search and recognize music. If not, then you can create a playlist of your storage card (I don't like when it auto recognizes music, because it picks up ring tones, notification and alarm sounds, etc...

chidesd 12-01-2009 02:16 AM

I cant seem to get my phone to recognize ringtones off my sd how do I assign as contact a ringtone off a sd?

blakpioneer 12-01-2009 03:33 AM

In order for you to assign ringtones from your SD card for your TP2, you will have to cut and paste the music files from your SD card to your music folder which is on the phone's main memory. In this way, when you browse the ringtones that are preinstalled with your TP2, you will see the ones which you have copied to the phone's main memory as well. Hope this helps.

chidesd 12-01-2009 05:03 AM

thanks but are u saying that the ringtone have to be on the phone and cant be on the sd card?

chidesd 12-01-2009 05:20 AM

Ok i figured out how to do it if anyone wants to know who already doesnt.
Copy the "My Documents" folder from your phone to your SD card. Delete the ring tones listed in My Ringtones (becuase you will have duplicates). Then place your mp3 files in the My Ringtone folder on the SD card. Then when will be able to see your mp3 files for ring tones.

WhiteBlazer01 12-01-2009 05:21 AM

I'm on WM6.5.3 rom, so it may be different, but I just checked, and it found all music files on my storage device and internal memory to save as a caller ringtone. It took a minute to load, but it searched the SD card.

Spiderman313 12-01-2009 08:29 AM

For your ringtones, just keep them on the root of your storage card. So basically on your storage card not in a folder.

zdogtag1 12-01-2009 08:36 AM

I've been using photocontacts pro for ring tone /sms tone assignment on a few phones now. I didn't know that the T2 could do individual ring tones natively, i never tried, I just installed my software. Thats good to know. I have a "rings" folder on sd card that I keep all my ringers in, it seems to work well for me.

fishingmedic 12-01-2009 08:48 AM

I just dump mine into the root of the sd card, have them linked to certain contacts and when I back up using PIMBackup, I never have to touch it again.