PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

camscell is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touchpro 2 Waterproof case

http://www.thepocketsolution.com/PSI...roof+Case.html

I'm seriously interested in this has anybody had any luck with these this is my situation..

I'm a Steamfitter, Union and proud of it

I'm constantly going through speakers in phones due to welding/grinding, and no the answer is not leave my phone in my truck. This darn metal finds its way into the speaker of my cellphone I was pretty lucky with the ziplock baggy in my lunchbox with my HTC Touch Pro but It is just a pain in the butt and eventually some found its way into the speaker which I was lucky enough to remove most of it with a peice of chewing gum..

Any ideas would help I'd love to metal proof my phone :P

and yes its butt ugly, it'll match me well lol
EVO

Last edited by camscell; 12-01-2009 at 12:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:55 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Re: Touchpro 2 Waterproof case

Thanks for the link, that is awesome!! You can even use the touch screen! I was going to suggest doubling up with the ziplock bags, but this is better. I wonder if the case floats. I got a waterproof camcorder case, and the fact that it floats was a great feature. Before I used it, I was worried it would sink in the ocean (I went snorkeling with it off the coast of Catalina Island).

Here's a pic

Old 12-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

As much as it seems cool as hell to get a waterproof case for the TP2. I would never......wait let me repeat that I WOULD NEVER put my phone in water, even if the case said waterproof. I personally wouldn't take that chance. But for the OP seems like this case would work for you.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah I'm not going to use it as a bobber on a fishing trip with my kids, I just need to keep those metal shavings out of it. This could be perfect to transport it from work and back untill I'm out of my work clothes and showered and can just use the phone like usual. I think I'd get a zagg shield also just for regular use. I think you forfeit your slide out keyboard use with this case but I really don't use my phone at work I might surf facebook or something at lunch break but I don't need the keyboard and everything. I think I'll do the ziplock baggies until I order this thing and I"ll write up a little review for the people interested in it..
Old 12-01-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I also saw on http://www.pdablast.com/articles/200...one-with2.html

This is totally awesome but not what I want probably 50-75 dollars and a cellphone is an electronic device they break go bad ect and I'm constantly messing with it I don't want to invest 75 dollars in my phone with something I cannot remove and use on a replacement phone if you feel my drift
Old 12-01-2009, 01:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Check this out even Matt Lauer even got into it http://gcaptain.com/maritime/blog/go...cs-today-show/ That is actually pretty cool, but still water + Touch Pro 2 = broken dreams
Old 12-01-2009, 01:25 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by camscell View Post
I also saw on http://www.pdablast.com/articles/200...one-with2.html

This is totally awesome but not what I want probably 50-75 dollars and a cellphone is an electronic device they break go bad ect and I'm constantly messing with it I don't want to invest 75 dollars in my phone with something I cannot remove and use on a replacement phone if you feel my drift
That one seems kinda cool, but I'd be too scared to really use it.

But the first product, I would definitely try that out and make sure it's waterproof (Just take it underwater empty. If it works well, then it should be good). The camcorder I got was a $1200 Sony HD 1080p camcorder, and I used an underwater case for it. I took it snorkeling approx. 30ft, and it had absolutely no problems at all. I would not have a problem taking my phone the same depth. I love going in the ocean/water, and also love keeping my phone with me (as do most all of you, I'm sure). I also go boating with some friends, so it would be practical there too.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hell yeah it would I bet you had a blast with the camcorder, to bad up here in Washington the ocean looks like turkey gravy lol. I'm going to snag up on that case I think and maybe do the zagg also I'll keep ya guys posted if I find any other options I'm trying out a rom right now so I'll be consumed with that for the next hour lol
Old 12-01-2009, 01:49 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camscell View Post
Hell yeah it would I bet you had a blast with the camcorder, to bad up here in Washington the ocean looks like turkey gravy lol. I'm going to snag up on that case I think and maybe do the zagg also I'll keep ya guys posted if I find any other options I'm trying out a rom right now so I'll be consumed with that for the next hour lol
Yea, it was awesome. I went with some friends, and we were tossing the camera around to take turns recording. Very durable case. I guess we should have paid attention more to what we were recording, because it looks like Blair Witch/Cloverfield/Quarantine/Paranormal Activity/Every other low budget pseudo-scary movie. Also, there was a microphone on the case which worked great under water, and out of the water, but no good when floating (you hear too much sloshing and faint talking.

Anyways, I'm sure the company has tested the phone case extensively, and after I do a test myself just to double check, I'll be good to go!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

italianamericn is a n00b

Hah that's one of the coolest things i've ever seen, i think i'd feel like batman running around with that monster.... now they just need to come out with a TP2 utility belt and i'm all set... yellow of course.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2