PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
Disable native windows mobile 6.5 memory management (aka: Programs Autoclosing)

i used to experience this program on my titan. Never expected to see it on the TP2. It was never an issue on the TP! Does this old .cab from ghe Titan work on the TP2 and WM 6.5? If not, would adding programs to the exclusive list in the HTC Task Manager help? If so, how do you add programs to the exclusive list?

cab: Stop Windows AutoClose for WM 6.1:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...3&d=1224651321

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 11-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: Disable native windows mobile 6.5 memory management (aka: Programs Autoclosing)

Go to Start/Settings/System then click Task Manager. From there click the button tab and select "End programs by tapping and holding "X" ."
That way just hitting the "X" wont close the app.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: Disable native windows mobile 6.5 memory management (aka: Programs Autoclosing)

Also if you want to add a program to the exclusive list. While the program is running click Start/Settings/System and again select Task Manager. Look in the Running Tab and your program will be listed, Click and hold on the item an select "add exclusive" from the menu that comes up.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
...would adding programs to the exclusive list in the HTC Task Manager help?
No, this won't do anything. All that does is hide it from the list so you don't see it...good for things like ActiveSync or Email, etc.

It won't prevent the WM6.5 mem mgmt system from shutting it down though, that's a whole other bag.

I have no idea if that .cab will do anything. The mem mgmt model did change a bit with WM6.5. Why not try and post back? After all, it's for you.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Gotta say, Windows Mobile's tendency to kick things like my Twitter client and Google Latitude updater out of memory tends to make me run those programs over on the Blackberry.

Most annoying is how you're relying on a background program to provide notifications (ie Twitter) and WinMo quietly kicks it out of memory without so much as a warning. Bad bad bad.

Needless to say, I stay the hell away from Opera when I've got background tasks running these days.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
autoclose, autoclosing