PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 05:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
kill hard kb backlight?

is there a reg. edit or cab to kill or set a timelimit on hrd kb backlight? stays on while using coreplayer and watching a movie. tried adv.config but a no go.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:23 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: kill hard kb backlight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
is there a reg. edit or cab to kill or set a timelimit on hrd kb backlight? stays on while using coreplayer and watching a movie. tried adv.config but a no go.
I've been trying to find an answer for this for a while and no one (for the same exact reason), no one here or xda seems to have an answer.

This work around works for me, give it a shot:
(1) I open up core player.
(2) I slide out my keyboard (the phone's screen is set to turn on when you slide out, this also turns on the keyboard backlight) then i push the phone's power button. This shuts off the phone's screen and the keyboard backlight.
(3) Then I press the phone's power button again. This turns on the phone's screen but does not turn on the keyboard back light.
(3) then I just make sure not to touch the keyboard keys and push play in coreplayer

The keyboard backlight stays off when I do this .

EDIT: I would guess if you have hacked your registry for your phone not to automatically turn on when the keyboard is opened, that you can just slide out your keyboard, then turn on your phone and open up coreplayer and play (just don't touch any keyboard keys). [but this is JUST A GUESS] the above work around works for me every time on several builds of EnergyRom.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

Last edited by japper88; 11-30-2009 at 05:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:32 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

thanx, better than what i came up with, i cant find the reg to kill it either.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:35 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Yeah... ideally there should be an app that toggles it always on/always off/light sensor enabled. Too bad I don't know programming...
Old 11-30-2009, 05:38 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

funny thing is, on the tp1 you needed a reg to keep it ON, now on tp2 i cant turn it off. lol
Old 11-30-2009, 05:41 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
funny thing is, on the tp1 you needed a reg to keep it ON, now on tp2 i cant turn it off. lol
Haha, I bet HTC read all the comments about people asking how to keep the keyboard on.

Do you happen to know any of the registry entries associated with the keyboard light? I plan to do a new flash and hard rest this week so I wouldn't mind fooling around to see if I can figure it out.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:46 PM
acs tester
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Haha, I bet HTC read all the comments about people asking how to keep the keyboard on.

Do you happen to know any of the registry entries associated with the keyboard light? I plan to do a new flash and hard rest this week so I wouldn't mind fooling around to see if I can figure it out.
i snooped around but cant find anything.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:54 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!

Oh well, I can live with my solution. Wish coreplayer had a command build-in to turn off keyboards.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2