PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can't compose or read email

i have a strange problem where i can't create new emails or view them. i can open pocket outlook and see the list of emails but when i try to open one nothing happens.. same exact thing when i try to compose: nothing happens.

i think something might of corrupted so i tried deleting cemail.vol, pim.vol and even the tmail.exe to see if the problem resolves.

also tried deleting all email accounts on the device and re-adding them.. still nothing. i don't store attachments on storage card so corrupted storage card is out of the question.

hate to do a hard reset, but i'd like to find a solution.. seems windows pc isn't the only unreliable thing
im on the stock sprint rom btw,. sms/pic mail are working fine..

Last edited by sebo; 11-30-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Re: can't compose or read email

Sounds like a hard reset is in your future.
After doing a hard reset, go ahead and do it once more just to be sure nothings still hanging around.
Doesn't cost anything and can't hurt!

Old 12-01-2009, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor
Talking Re: can't compose or read email

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
i have a strange problem where i can't create new emails or view them. i can open pocket outlook and see the list of emails but when i try to open one nothing happens.. same exact thing when i try to compose: nothing happens.

i think something might of corrupted so i tried deleting cemail.vol, pim.vol and even the tmail.exe to see if the problem resolves.

also tried deleting all email accounts on the device and re-adding them.. still nothing. i don't store attachments on storage card so corrupted storage card is out of the question.

hate to do a hard reset, but i'd like to find a solution.. seems windows pc isn't the only unreliable thing
im on the stock sprint rom btw,. sms/pic mail are working fine..

Did you by chance happen to install the SMS patch that fixes the issue where SMS messages fail to show as read once opened? I had the same email issue as you have and after a few resets and trials I was able to conclusively prove that (at least in my case) the patch was the culprit. If you have to do a hard reset, I'd play around with that a bit to see if that's the case with you, as well (assuming you had the patch installed to begin with). Best of luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2