PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Flashing while away from home? Bad idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirecutter View Post
General question about flashing. I'm guessing after flashing you have ro reprogram/provision the phone? So right now I'm out of the US so I'm roaming...I take it, it would be a bad idea to flash my ROM? i.e. my phone will basically be dead until I get back back on a VZW signal?
not to sound rude or anything, but why would you have to re-program the phone? doesn't the EPST settings stay the same? And for the mms and web, wouldn't a carrier cab fix that? Again, not trying to sound rude, just curious.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Really? A provisioning cab doesn't set stuff right for you Verizon folks? I'm on Sprint and after installing a provisioning cab everything perfectly. I guess Sprint has a different system.
Japper, Now that I am on sprint, a provisioning cab takes care of everything for me now. After flashing my sprint phone, I just load up the provisioning cab, and hammer down. I usually go ahead and hit the prl download to be safe but it works fine without doing that.

Now, when I was on VZW, a provisioning cab wouldnt do that. I could make calls, but I wasnt able to get data unless I did a *228.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 12-01-2009, 02:32 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Japper, Now that I am on sprint, a provisioning cab takes care of everything for me now. After flashing my sprint phone, I just load up the provisioning cab, and hammer down. I usually go ahead and hit the prl download to be safe but it works fine without doing that.

Now, when I was on VZW, a provisioning cab wouldnt do that. I could make calls, but I wasnt able to get data unless I did a *228.
Wow that's a bummer for Verizon folks...

Sounds like the OP probably shouldn't mess around with flashing while away then...

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Wow that's a bummer for Verizon folks...

First of all, it's not true & second of all who cares anyway??

Even if you DID have to dial *228 everytime that is a heck of a lot easier than updating the PRL on Sprint......

~John
Old 12-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

Even if you DID have to dial *228 everytime that is a heck of a lot easier than updating the PRL on Sprint......

~John
I have to disagree man. I have a nice little app in my settings tab that updates the PRL for sprint. I just click it and boom done. Dont get much easier than launching an app. No dialing, no waiting, no pressing numbers, nothing. Just launch the updater and done.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

phatal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Really? I always have to dial *228 after a flash...
I never dial *228 after flashing. I do, however, run the provisioning cab. Many chefs have cooked the provisioning into their ROM's via a simple app.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:05 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
I never had to use PRL or Profile update to get my TP2 working again, and I've reflashed a bunch of times. I didn't even need to install a provisioning cab. I only use one so I can get Sprint TV working. But my voice/data/sms/mms work fine without doing anything.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I never had to use PRL or Profile update to get my TP2 working again, and I've reflashed a bunch of times. I didn't even need to install a provisioning cab. I only use one so I can get Sprint TV working. But my voice/data/sms/mms work fine without doing anything.
So that's basically the same as Verizon then, I flashed to Juicy's ROM on my Verizon TP2 a few weeks ago & everything worked fine when I was done. I did have to set up the server settings in Arcsoft for MMS to work, but Sprint users have to do that too.

As I said before, I have flashed well over 100 times between my xv6800's, my four TP's & my TP2 & never once had to re-activate any of the phones.

~John
Old 12-02-2009, 09:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

wirecutter is a n00b

Thanks for all the input guys. I guess there is a bit of a debate on this, but I'll take the safe route and wait it out.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It's universally stupid....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2