PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.
Carrier: Sprint

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any way to force the TP2 into landscape permantly?

Is there any way to force the TP2 into permanent landscape mode? I find myself using it in landscape more than portrait, and I would like for it to always be that way. Any options for this?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:35 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

You can't turn off auto rotate and go n settings and set it on landscape?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Any way to force the TP2 into landscape permantly?

I'm not familiar with turning off auto rotate. I don't see that setting in settings anywhere.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

tf3d setting...not winmo settings
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:48 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

tf3d setting...not winmo settings
Thanks haha. Yea htc added auto rotate that's not part of wm.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Yeah I turn that off and there's still no option to force landscape in settings.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:56 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy
Yeah I turn that off and there's still no option to force landscape in settings.
I remember you had to set that in the registry then it was n settings screen on my old tp1.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
here is the regitry tweak to rotate your screen. i use it for garmin and few other apps only..

i like my screen portrait and use the tweak for landscape

1) Change your registry to enable screen rotation:
HKLM - System - GDI - Rotation - HideOrientationUI (Change from 1 to 0)

2) Then, simply map your phone button long press to the rotation tweak:
Settings -> Buttons -> Map with <Rotate Screen>

3) When you would like to rotate your screen, just hold your Phone button.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
here is the regitry tweak to rotate your screen. i use it for garmin and few other apps only..

i like my screen portrait and use the tweak for landscape

1) Change your registry to enable screen rotation:
HKLM - System - GDI - Rotation - HideOrientationUI (Change from 1 to 0)

2) Then, simply map your phone button long press to the rotation tweak:
Settings -> Buttons -> Map with <Rotate Screen>

3) When you would like to rotate your screen, just hold your Phone button.

That's really awesome, I will have to try that.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Is there any way to force the TP2 into permanent landscape mode? I find myself using it in landscape more than portrait, and I would like for it to always be that way. Any options for this?
Use some crazy glue to keep the keyboard open. lol.
Just kidding bro.
Not sure how you would do this.
It was a curious topic so came in to check it out.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2