PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Can't insert images into conversations. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99362)

Kayden96 11-30-2009 02:12 PM

Can't insert images into conversations.

I've tried multiple roms with multiple versions of the arcsoft app, but I can't insert pictures into existing conversations. I can send a new message with an image, but if I'm in the conversation and hit menu>insert all the options are greyed out.

I also have another issue where I can't get the contacts to auto populate without typing in and then deleting. Example: Say I want to message Bob. I type in BOB and nothing happens. I hit delete to go to BO and then Bob pops up. Any ideas?

tvandyck7 11-30-2009 02:25 PM

Re: Can't insert images into conversations.

Some roms don't need the Arcsoft app. Read up on the roms you are using to see if they do or not. If the rom doesn't need it and you disable manilla messaging, you won't be able to send as an attachment. Only the 2.5 builds need the arcsoft fix. Also, if you happen to use a rom that does need the arcsoft fix, you will have to send through the native WM messaging, and won't be able to send mms/insert pics into convos. Basically, just read the threads for the rom you want to use. Seems to me that you are disabling the manilla messaging for every rom, which is your issue. Most of the 2.1 builds work (like stock rom/manilla messaging) out of the box or with just a .cab install.

Kayden96 11-30-2009 02:35 PM

I followed the directions in the Mighty Rom thread that said install Arcsoft. There are no MMS settings options in stock Mighty without Arcsoft installed.

tvandyck7 11-30-2009 02:52 PM

Well with arcsoft installed, I don't think you can send/insert mms through manilla because it is disabled. I use C_Fay's roms and it works fine using the stock Manilla messaging.

Could someone else chime in and explain this? I don't have too much experience with it. I've used it on Juicy's roms, but I like roms where the setup is minimal and the phone functions like stock (hence, C_Fay's roms for me).

Kayden96 11-30-2009 03:03 PM

Maybe I'll just look into that rom then... I just want something stable and lightweight. I'm going to through SPB on it anyways. I just want all the other stuff to work. -_-

jmorton10 11-30-2009 03:18 PM

I'm running Juicy's 2.5 ROM, I send SMS through the manila app & MMS from the WM default messaging.

There is no way I can find to insert a pic into an ongoing conversation however.

I'm not 100% sure, but I THINK I could do that when I was running Mighty ROM with manila 2.1 but I may not be remembering correctly.

If I'm bored tonight, I may flash back to Mighty just to try it, I have an SPB backup from when I was running that ROM so it will be easy to try it & then flash back to my current setup.

~John

tvandyck7 11-30-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1374106)
I'm running Juicy's 2.5 ROM, I send SMS through the manila app & MMS from the WM default messaging.

There is no way I can find to insert a pic into an ongoing conversation however.

I'm not 100% sure, but I THINK I could do that when I was running Mighty ROM with manila 2.1 but I may not be remembering correctly.

If I'm bored tonight, I may flash back to Mighty just to try it, I have an SPB backup from when I was running that ROM so it will be easy to try it & then flash back to my current setup.

~John

Yeah, I believe that any 2.1 rom should have full use of Manilla messaging. If you try C_Fay's rom, just read the first post and there should be a link for the mms fix in a .cab file. From there you'll be set. I have not tried 1.2 (current release) as I am perfectly happy with 1.1. I believe 1.2 might have some issues. I'd try 1.1 first. Good luck!