PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Locking the phone. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99336)

swampthing 11-30-2009 11:55 AM

Locking the phone.

when i first pulled my touch pro out of the box i was able to hit the top button to put it into standby and when i hit it again it would power on with a nice little slide to unlock prompt built in. For some reason it's not doing that anymore by default and the only way i can get that slide to unlock to come up is if i manually click the lock shortcut in the phone.

The other issue is that it seems the only button i can set to actually lock the phone is the end button. I like setting that to terminate the data connection. Is there no way to get this phone to lock by default when you hit the top button?

I tried S2u2, but it doesn't work well on this phone at all. Every time the phone comes out of standby with s2u2 on my phone it pauses for awhile before i can actually slide it, or the screen goes goofy. wondering if s2u2 isn't 100% compatible with windows mobile 6.5?

Also, why is it that every time i put this phone IN my case it brings the phone OUT of standby? it's really freaking annoying. It's like the light sensor is working backwards.

joeyc1123 11-30-2009 12:16 PM

Re: Locking the phone.

you should try s2u2 now because they just released a new version that specifically fixes issues had with the touch pro 2...works like a charm now

MordyT 11-30-2009 12:19 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

is the case magnetic? this will turn on the phone...

jmorton10 11-30-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyc1123 (Post 1373555)
you should try s2u2 now because they just released a new version that specifically fixes issues had with the touch pro 2...works like a charm now

as long as you don't mind carrying two or three batteries with you..........

~John

saj070 11-30-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1373612)
as long as you don't mind carrying two or three batteries with you..........

~John

lol tell me about it heheheheh

Pocketshield is you answer for locking screen.

as far as magnetic there is a tweak were you can disable the screen.. search for it in the forum here..

I also did a experiment on magnetic case and did notice that if battery is facing the magnetic it will drain fast. if you face the screen towards the magnet it will not

again both problem has been discussed search it i the forum

swampthing 11-30-2009 12:57 PM

i just found an app called "autolock". Took a bit to get it working right but it does exactly what i wanted it to, although it doesn't seem to work right if i have spb mobile shell installed.

yeah the case is magnetic, i'll search for threads on that.

megapu 11-30-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampthing (Post 1373496)
when i first pulled my touch pro out of the box i was able to hit the top button to put it into standby and when i hit it again it would power on with a nice little slide to unlock prompt built in. For some reason it's not doing that anymore by default and the only way i can get that slide to unlock to come up is if i manually click the lock shortcut in the phone.

The other issue is that it seems the only button i can set to actually lock the phone is the end button. I like setting that to terminate the data connection. Is there no way to get this phone to lock by default when you hit the top button?

I tried S2u2, but it doesn't work well on this phone at all. Every time the phone comes out of standby with s2u2 on my phone it pauses for awhile before i can actually slide it, or the screen goes goofy. wondering if s2u2 isn't 100% compatible with windows mobile 6.5?

Also, why is it that every time i put this phone IN my case it brings the phone OUT of standby? it's really freaking annoying. It's like the light sensor is working backwards.

I tried many auto lock with WM6.5, this is only one works perfect.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542482

AZTECHKA 11-30-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saj070 (Post 1373635)
lol tell me about it heheheheh

Pocketshield is you answer for locking screen.

as far as magnetic there is a tweak were you can disable the screen.. search for it in the forum here..

I also did a experiment on magnetic case and did notice that if battery is facing the magnetic it will drain fast. if you face the screen towards the magnet it will not

again both problem has been discussed search it i the forum

I found that as long as you were plugged into the wall the battery issue was not an issue. LOLOL.
p.

apristel 11-30-2009 04:00 PM

+1 for humor

DarkManX4lf 11-30-2009 04:04 PM

There is another WM6.5 lock program you can get. Its called smartlock, you can get it here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032

It works pretty well....sometimes it wont lock automatically when the screen turns off....but if you do a manual lock, it will start working again.