PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2
Carrier: AT&T

zdogtag1 is keeping up the good workzdogtag1 is keeping up the good workzdogtag1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
close on X reg key

Im looking for the registry entry for the task manager to "close on X" start/setting/taskmanager/buttons/. i've searched and cant seem to find it. I've been close. HKCU/software/HTC/taskmanager/ but cant figure out the setting to close on x. Im looking at two different phones one with it enabled , and one not. anyone able to help? what i want to do is export the reg key or make a cab of it to use with Sashimi.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor
Re: close on X reg key

Inside TaskManager you should see "EnableAutoKill" set to 1 & "EnableTapAndHold" set to 0. Those are the only DWORDS that change when I switch between Tap Close or Tap And Hold Close inside the TaskManager settings.

I have no clue whatever method is being used to take away that tab from you in settings.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

zdogtag1 is keeping up the good workzdogtag1 is keeping up the good workzdogtag1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Inside TaskManager you should see "EnableAutoKill" set to 1 & "EnableTapAndHold" set to 0. Those are the only DWORDS that change when I switch between Tap Close or Tap And Hold Close inside the TaskManager settings.

I have no clue whatever method is being used to take away that tab from you in settings.

awesome..thanks...I'll give it a try.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:19 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Is this for WM6.5.3? The new bottom X button only minimizes, and I don't see a task manager menu anywhere as I have before. I'm on Energyrom leo Nov 25 28004
Old 11-29-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No, on the latest MightyRom. Not 6.5.3

I tried to make a .cab for it with CeCabManager, it ran but it didnt write to the registry. not sure why. So I used CeRegEditor to export the taskmanager key as a .reg file. SASHIMI can load those too. It worked, just not the way I wanted.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdogtag1 View Post
No, on the latest MightyRom. Not 6.5.3

I tried to make a .cab for it with CeCabManager, it ran but it didnt write to the registry. not sure why. So I used CeRegEditor to export the taskmanager key as a .reg file. SASHIMI can load those too. It worked, just not the way I wanted.
so what were the final reg keys that need to be changed to allow this to work??? or, can u post ur reg edit...im trying to use it for the same purpose...thanks in advance
Old 11-30-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrood View Post
so what were the final reg keys that need to be changed to allow this to work??? or, can u post ur reg edit...im trying to use it for the same purpose...thanks in advance
I just took the whole, taskmanager key and subkeys.
it is attached zipped. You'll have to unzip. I put it in the SASHIMI / auto /reg folder and it worked fine. This was the first time I had used CeRegEditor. It worked great. it's a free program too.
http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/index.php?id=3
Attached Files
File Type: zip taskmanager.zip (1.4 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdogtag1 View Post
I just took the whole, taskmanager key and subkeys.
it is attached zipped. You'll have to unzip. I put it in the SASHIMI / auto /reg folder and it worked fine. This was the first time I had used CeRegEditor. It worked great. it's a free program too.
http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/index.php?id=3
what do you mean you took the whole taskmanager key and subkey? what reg edit did you make? if you removed the whole taskmanager how will you close running programs that are still running in the backround that didn't get closed properly?
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

I'm a little confused here....why would you need a reg edit to do this when WM6.5 does this in an option ? Start>settings>task manager>button tab.....
Old 11-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
I'm a little confused here....why would you need a reg edit to do this when WM6.5 does this in an option ? Start>settings>task manager>button tab.....
wm6.5.x that option isn't working. obviously 6.5.x is beta so thats one of the minor flaws. the op should just install showcase, that is a taskmanager program that works on 6.5.x

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2