PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Question All Of A Sudden Questionable Battery Life?

I'm fresh off of a hard reset so it could be that i missed a setting or something but i use to be able to charge my phone completely at before i went to sleep and take it off the charger and wake up to about 3 bars in the morning

i fully charged my battery last night, and woke up and my phone was dead .

Whats the cause of this battery drainage overnight all of a sudden?

These are my settings:

- Stock Verizon Rom

- CDMA Only Mode

- Set to Receive Email every 30 mins (i had this set like this prior to my hard reset and still had good battery life)

- No push internet pages or anything like that

- i dont have anything installed out of the ordinary everything i have installed i had installed when i had great battery life...Palringo, Marketplace, Skyfire, Slide To Shutdown, and a couple others.

could it jus be i need a new battery? i've heard verizon gives u one free replacement battery i havent tried to get one myself to confirm or deny tho...

am i missing something? i have my weather set to update on its own should i manually update? i had it said to automatic updates before and still had great battery life....any help is appreciated
Old 11-30-2009, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kid_kris is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: All Of A Sudden Questionable Battery Life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
I'm fresh off of a hard reset so it could be that i missed a setting or something but i use to be able to charge my phone completely at before i went to sleep and take it off the charger and wake up to about 3 bars in the morning

i fully charged my battery last night, and woke up and my phone was dead .

Whats the cause of this battery drainage overnight all of a sudden?

These are my settings:

- Stock Verizon Rom

- CDMA Only Mode

- Set to Receive Email every 30 mins (i had this set like this prior to my hard reset and still had good battery life)

- No push internet pages or anything like that

- i dont have anything installed out of the ordinary everything i have installed i had installed when i had great battery life...Palringo, Marketplace, Skyfire, Slide To Shutdown, and a couple others.

could it jus be i need a new battery? i've heard verizon gives u one free replacement battery i havent tried to get one myself to confirm or deny tho...

am i missing something? i have my weather set to update on its own should i manually update? i had it said to automatic updates before and still had great battery life....any help is appreciated
I could be wrong but I think this is due to Hard reset. Battery needs to go through couple of charge/discharge cycles to do the optimization.

I usually experience bad battery life after every flash and battery life gets better after couple of days.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:59 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

I think that kinda makes sense. Maybe the phone and battery goes through a few cycles of charge to adapt, and after a hard reset, it gets out of calibration? Just speculating here. I had the phone for about a month on a stock rom with good battery life and only one hard reset when I firat got the phone. Then I was on a flashed rom (Energy rom Oct 22), and the battery life was awesome. Now after a month of that rom, I'm on the Nov 25 Energyrom, with poor battery life.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

ill give that some consideration and wait it out
Old 11-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Not necessarily. I went from day 1 with no problems to a week of over heating before the first was replaced. The device itself slowed to a crawl. The new one has frozen up twice with a seasoned battery with the result of 2 lost data files with bunches of information in them. Batteries and devices do go bad. Oh, the 2nd one slowed up real bad Sunday and needed a soft reset to get going again.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

i barely made it through the work day yesterday i was getting the very low battery warnings by the end of my work day....when normally i'd have roughly 2-3 bars.

but to update this thread i tried something different last night, i dont know if this helped, or the battery is getting conditioned enough now to hold the charge.

I went to settings - all settings - system tab - power - advanced

and changed turn off backlight if device is not used for 10 seconds, and the last option at the bottom Put the device in sleep mode if not used for 1 min.

then i powered my nearly dead phone off and charged it til the green light cameon, this time it was fullly charged before went to sleep. I took it off the charger before i went to sleep and just let it sit, when i woke up this morning i still had a full charge
Old 12-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I will give you my scenario, to see if it helps you out. After many hours of trying to figure what happened to my battery life, I discovered my problem. I am running Juicy's r4. The problem is whenever I install the zenyee disable htc messaging app. As soon as I send or receive a text message, the phone starts to get warm and the battery discharges extremely fast. I know this is what is causing the problem because as soon as the text happens my phone gets very slow to respond. I have had to hard reset and start over many times to finally discover the problem. I hope this helps someone out!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2