PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a cab for manila 2.6 for WM 6.1?

I have a Verizon TP2 with Windows Mobile 6.1.

I like the newer Touch Flo 2.6 interface.

I've seen where some have built their own Roms with it included but I'd like to keep my stock rom.

So is there a cab for Manila 2.6 or is it one of those things that has to be in the ROM itself?

Since Verizon hasn't released WM 6.5 for the TP2 yet, if there is a Manila 2.6 cab available, I'd need to know if it'll work on WM 6.1.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-04-2009, 04:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Straylit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Is there a cab for manila 2.6 for WM 6.1?

Ugh. Read around a little before asking a question. There are help threads explaining all of this.

?1) Touch Flo 2.6 isn't ready. 2.5 is stable but lacks some landscape. This has been remedied by the good folks at xda. 2.1 is the most stable and complete. It lacks some features of 2.5, but honestly 2.5 is kindof resource heavy. Youll require heavy use of cleanram to keep the phone running smooth. I personally would suggest delving into titanium. Its gorgeous if configured and skinned properly, plus its minimalistic and has a small memory footstep all while staying sleek sickeningly fluid. Good ****.

?2) There are cabs for manilla, yes. But stock rom is trash.

Download PIM Backup
backup your stuff
HSPL Unlock your device (theres a sticky)
go to mightyrom.com
download the tp2 exe
sync tp2 to your your computer using activesync
run exe
follow promps
restore using PIM once restarted
run provisioning
customize

As i said, threads for all of these. Just browse the stickied threads in the entire tp2 forum and its subtrees.

Last edited by Straylit; 12-04-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straylit View Post
Ugh. Read around a little before asking a question. There are help threads explaining all of this.

?1) Touch Flo 2.6 isn't ready. 2.5 is stable but lacks some landscape. This has been remedied by the good folks at xda.

Download PIM Backup
backup your stuff
go to mightyrom.com
download the tp2 exe
run exe
follow promps
run provisioning
customize

2)
what are you talking about. 2.6=2.5. it's not that 2.6 isn't ready, it's that they're the same, just for different chipsets. 2.5 is actually more updated now.

And, there arent any cabs for htc sense/touchflo 2.5, so i'm not sure where you got that erroneous info from either.

OP, you will have to check the tp2 upgrade forum and look into flashing to a custom ROM. my guess is you've never attempted it and are kind of nervous about doing it. it's really simple, just follow the right instructions. and make sure you look in the correct sub forum (cdma since you're on verizon) for your phone. it will have to be a 6.5 ROM. Sense 2.5 is not available for 6.1 anywhere.

edit: and mighty rom has sense 2.1, not 2.5...

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-04-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

lipidfats
Thanks for posting
You confirmed what I thought I had read. I was hoping that someone had found a way of using a cab to gain 2.6 functionality.

You're right about my concern over changing the ROM. If you notice, a lot of post talk about how to fix things that custom ROMs break. What I don't quite get is how the stock rom is so bad as it seems to do most of what I want to do with only a minor tweak or two.

In any case, thanks for posting.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straylit View Post

?1) Touch Flo 2.6 isn't ready. 2.5 is stable but lacks some landscape. This has been remedied by the good folks at xda. 2.1 is the most stable and complete. It lacks some features of 2.5, but honestly 2.5 is kindof resource heavy. Youll require heavy use of cleanram to keep the phone running smooth. I personally would suggest delving into titanium. Its gorgeous if configured and skinned properly, plus its minimalistic and has a small memory footstep all while staying sleek sickeningly fluid. Good ****.

Download PIM Backup
backup your stuff
go to mightyrom.com
download the tp2 exe
run exe
follow promps
run provisioning
customize

As i said, threads for all of these. Just browse the stickied threads in the entire tp2 forum and its subtrees.

It is funny I like when people dont know anything make these big comments

STOCK ROM ROCKS , speed wise ...no any existing custom ROM can reach it , it only lacks features.

but It is SOLOD and super stable and the fastest ever available for TP2 , I am talking sprint stock ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2