PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS Character count in HTC SMS screen?

I tried searching, but I could have sworn I saw a post a while back (before I got my TP2) regarding the character count in the HTC SMS window. Any way to enable it? Thanks!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

daunove is a n00b
Re: SMS Character count in HTC SMS screen?

Good call. There are 2 different threaded sms screens and neither shows the character counter when sending a text. Looks like only the non-threaded method displays total characters used /160.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daunove View Post
Good call. There are 2 different threaded sms screens and neither shows the character counter when sending a text. Looks like only the non-threaded method displays total characters used /160.
the tmobile tp2 shows the 160 count in threaded messages.... Sounds like the sprint version forgot alot of the simple stuff
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daunove View Post

My threaded messaging in the standard WM interface shows the character count.

The TF3D messaging does not though, and I wish it did. I also hate how they put the Back soft key in TF3D where the Send soft key is in the WM interface.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
My threaded messaging in the standard WM interface shows the character count.

The TF3D messaging does not though, and I wish it did. I also hate how they put the Back soft key in TF3D where the Send soft key is in the WM interface.
+1 for hating the location of the back softkey.

I don't know how many times I have hit the soft key thinking it was the send.....then realized I clicked the back button....DOH!

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 09-22-2009, 10:32 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Damn, the HTC SMS screen also does not enable phone numbers to be clickable. Not sure about url's. Sucks.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A long time ago when I saw the TF3D messaging interface, I was dying to get it. Now I'm thinking the WM interface is way better.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

lol I have hit the back key thinking it was send one too many times. I've since stopped using HTC's threaded messaging.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:31 AM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint SERO

daunove is a n00b

So Im gathering that nobody has a character count in TF3D threaded messaging... but how do I go about getting the SMS character count to display in WM threaded messaging? Does it just show x/160 in the text input box for Verizon & Tmobile?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I use Vito SMS-Chat, the count shows up just fine in that.

I use the TouchPal KB in portrait using T+ & I can type insanely fast with that setup....

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2