PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rezound
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

mgdking is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Task Manager symbol upper right home screen?

Anyone have any answers to this thread?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

i am still looking into it...i have all the icons colored as needed but they're still coming up white...

Old 11-30-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

GreeNova is keeping up the good workGreeNova is keeping up the good work

I tried to find this out a while back. I stopped looking after I ran across a thread over at XDA that said it does not actually rely on a dll or the bmp files in the Windows folder.

I will look for that thread when I am on a PC later, but I seem to remember them referencing a registry location that they discovered which contained a binary representation of the actual icon.

I agree that it seems like it should be a simple and possible thing to do, but I know I wasted several hours over several days trying to do this on my TP1.

I'll post the threads later if I can find them.

**EDIT here is one of the links I was speaking of - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=539909

Last edited by GreeNova; 12-01-2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: adding link...
Old 11-30-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So just out of curiosity sake what is the icon called? Is it quick-menu? Or is it task manager? Or what? Hey GreeNova out of curiosity I clicked on the link in your signature on that link or web page on the left hand side about a 3rd of the way down there is a reg tweak for "TaskManager" Do you know what that is or for? Just wondering if that will help this thread any?

Last edited by mgdking; 11-30-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=539909

Above is the link to the XDA thread I was speaking of in my previous post.

I do remember also finding a cab file which changed it to gray instead of white, but I remember I uninstalled it because it was screwing up the spacing with my taskbar icons. I could not find that thread again, but I want to say it was posted by a user named BilboBrian over there. (I may have the spelling wrong).

I hope this finally gets figured out, it would be great to finally be able to change the color of the taskmanager icon...
Old 12-01-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdking View Post
So just out of curiosity sake what is the icon called? Is it quick-menu? Or is it task manager? Or what? Hey GreeNova out of curiosity I clicked on the link in your signature on that link or web page on the left hand side about a 3rd of the way down there is a reg tweak for "TaskManager" Do you know what that is or for? Just wondering if that will help this thread any?
mgdking I am pretty sure that TaskManger registry tweak you are speaking of only changes the size of the icons that drop down from the HTC TaskManger once clicked. I have this option available in the settings for TaskManager on my phone, you should as well. **I just did he regedit that was mentioned (you can see the details if you click the "edit" link on that page) and did a soft-reset. It did just as I suspected.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

By the way, one thing I remember helping me in searching when I attempted this before was the HTC TaskManger is sometimes referred to as the HTC "X" Button. I think this stems back to when it was mainly used to "press and hold" the "X" to fully close apps.

I was really hoping HTC would have updated this by now. If any of you have seen WM6.5.1 or higher, you will see that HTC needs to do something to update this program as there is no way to get it to work on those newer builds.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeNova View Post
mgdking I am pretty sure that TaskManger registry tweak you are speaking of only changes the size of the icons that drop down from the HTC TaskManger once clicked. I have this option available in the settings for TaskManager on my phone, you should as well. **I just did he regedit that was mentioned (you can see the details if you click the "edit" link on that page) and did a soft-reset. It did just as I suspected.
I will give it a try. Would be cool to change those drop down icons as well as the taskbar icon!!! Even if we just could give the existing icons color would be cool. But it would be even better if we could change the icons and the color!! Hope we find something?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I found this thought maybe someone could gut this cab and figure out a way to add icons and colors? (wishful thinking iam sure)
Code:
http://thewingster.com/taskmanager.aspx
Found this cab from this thread.
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=330498
Old 12-01-2009, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I will give it a try. Would be cool to change those drop down icons as well as the taskbar icon!!! Even if we just could give the existing icons color would be cool. But it would be even better if we could change the icons and the color!! Hope we find something?
Quote:
I found this thought maybe someone could gut this cab and figure out a way to add icons and colors? (wishful thinking iam sure)
Code:
http://thewingster.com/taskmanager.aspx
Found this cab from this thread.
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=330498
I guess either I misunderstood the info on the link I posted, or maybe you read something there I didn't see. But, from what I understood from the link I posts a few post up, it is not really an "icon" but more of a binary registry entry that tells it where and what shape to make the icon. Now, if we could just figure out how to edit those to get the desired output...

I am sure it is possible, but I just wonder if it would be worth the hassle. I bet if someone wanted to ask the taskbar guru himself, TSOWEN, he may be able to shed some light on this for us.

**Also** I read on that link that there were changes they made they were not able to reverse without a hard reset. So, be sure to backup before you poke and prod too much. Good Luck.

Last edited by GreeNova; 12-01-2009 at 02:04 AM. Reason: added additional notes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2