PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE
Threadstarter

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best and fastest web browsers for TP2

only 9.7 build 461 look for it
Old 12-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

I love 4.2 The only thing I hate is more related to PPCgeeks than 4.2 and that is how damn small the next page [>] arrow is in 4.2. I must tap that thing 5 or 6 times to get it to register sometimes. I refuse to pull out the stylus. Why cant we make that BIGGER like the new "thanks" button???
Attached Images
File Type: png tp.png (1.3 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mikenerd; 12-12-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
The browser i use is UCWEB6 i found it at www.freewarepocketpc.net thats fastest i ever seen has anyone tryed it yet.?
using this now. not pretty....but fast. I think 4.2 is better
Old 12-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE
Threadstarter

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yes way better , mini 4.2 is faster than UCWEB , but give mini 5 beta 2 a try , It is solid , stable and fast .
Old 12-29-2009, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
I love 4.2 The only thing I hate is more related to PPCgeeks than 4.2 and that is how damn small the next page [>] arrow is in 4.2. I must tap that thing 5 or 6 times to get it to register sometimes. I refuse to pull out the stylus. Why cant we make that BIGGER like the new "thanks" button???
It could be related to the screen resolution. I noticed on Google Maps, they now have an exclamation point type icon i when you show traffic at any point where there is a known accident, etc. On the Mogul, you can press it with your thumb and get the accident / incident info. On the TP2, it is so small, you can barely see it, and it's hard to even hit the icon with the stylus
Old 01-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dapretendr is a n00b

just installed opera 10 beta, it rebooted my phone twice within the 10-20 mins of testing out the browser, anyone had this problem? stock sprint tp2 with mobile shell
Old 01-01-2010, 10:11 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Im still an Opera Mobile man. Im using the 9.5 version MightyMike cooked into WAR and i dunno what he did to it but it FLIES!!!! (for Opera Mobile at least)

I used Opera 10 and loved it for a while but it still have its glitches, like when i scroll the webpage, the top 1/3 portion always goes to a blanlk white till it refreshes and it annoyed the hell out of me.... but it was a complete delight to navigate with the keyboard open and using the virtual mouse. Ill wait till the next release before replacing a very stable and fast 9.5 for it

I used opera mini and its true thats its quick but i uninstalled it. Its convinient but i need a REAL browser and not a server side mirror of the web (echoing the poster that said that thats why he got a $500+ device) Opera Mini is very convenient for quick reading but in a nutshell takes a screenshot of the page and sends it to you, thats why you cant see any moving elements, animations, gif, etc. I need a real browser with all the functionalites of my desktop and Opera Mobile does that with fantastic performance (at least the one i use) cept flash but thats what i have Skyfire for but since its not as smooth and easy to navigate as opera so use it for flash only.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2>Epic4g>?
Carrier: sprint

rastarob619 is becoming a great contributor

the only thing skyfire is good for is watching videos that you can watch on ur pc or laptop other than that is crap 2 me
Old 01-02-2010, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

phantom92 is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Best and fastest web browsers for TP2

hello everyone,...
heres an alternate browser that i found a few years back...
this is the link for info on the browser wmexperts.com/netacceler-mach5-browser-decent-alternative-skyfire

its a trial browser but its really nice.. not superfast but not slow either.. you need a data plan to use it.. i tried wifi but it didnt work for me..
its pretty big file so be patient..
its i believe a japannese browser because if you go to youtube.com it gives you the writing in chinnese/japannese..
but you can change it... check it out.. and post what you think.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2