PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Media Player - WMP-TF3d?

I recently syncd my playlists in WMP to that of my TP2. I can go to my playlist through WMP on the phone but TF3d music player doesnt recognize there being any music.
Any way to have the TF music player recognize those playlists?

WinMob 6.5 btw
Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Re: Media Player - WMP-TF3d?

You've sync'd the folder on your computer to the foler on your PPC, correct?

Open Windows Media Player on your device.

Lower left, click MENU and select "Update Library"

Your PPC will search through all your files on the device and storage card and will now officially "recognize" them. Now, when you go to the TF3D tab and select "Library" you should have music showing up there availible to play.

Depending how organized you are with your music files, they should even be sorted by album, artist, title, etc. If you were really good about tagging your music files, you'll even have album art and everything.

Good luck.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:20 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah, having them tagged helps a lot. Update your library as suggested and you should be good to go.

If your music doesn't all show up in the proper Artist, Album, etc., type format, with album art and all, maybe you might wanna check out using MediaMonkey on your PC first, to get your files squared away. It will tag them properly and add any missing album art for you. Then when you put the files on your TP2, they will all show up as they should.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 01-15-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

chevy454 is just getting started

Got a question, that is sort of on topic with this thread...

My kids are pretty young still, and they have a tendency to grab my phone and play with it, and like listening to the music on it...but, I'm not sure all of the songs in my library are exactly age appropriate. So, could I basically have a library that the music tab (Tf?) is pulling from, and a seperate library that the Windows Media player is pulling songs from, and still keep the album art? My youngest daughter is in Kindergarten, and she figured out in a hurry to slide the tabs over to the "Music" and let the tunes roll (it's amazing how kids can figure out *any* device!), but I'm not sure she's quite ready for Jay Z's "99 problems"...!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I'd be interested to know this too.

my 5 yr old boy uses my phone for games & music sometimes and takes my I-pod to pre-k for nap time (he doesn't nap!) and last FM scrobbles what he's been listening to when I get home... I removed Cypress Hill's black sunday from the I pod last week when I saw he's listened to 2 tracks from it! OOps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2