PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how often does 6.5 TF weather update??

I am running MightyMike's ROM (which is awesome) but I can't seem to get my weather to update correctly which kinda defeats the purpose of having it display on the home screen.

I have the full animations working correctly with a HDwalls cab WP & they run just fine, but it never seems to update the weather unless I go to the weather tab & hit update now.

I have both boxes checked to update weather automatically (& it gave me the warning about data use) & the "my location" & GPS both work perfectly.

How often should it update?? Is there any way (regedit etc) to force it to update more often??

~John
Old 11-03-2009, 08:49 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: how often does 6.5 TF weather update??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I am running MightyMike's ROM (which is awesome) but I can't seem to get my weather to update correctly which kinda defeats the purpose of having it display on the home screen.

I have the full animations working correctly with a HDwalls cab WP & they run just fine, but it never seems to update the weather unless I go to the weather tab & hit update now.

I have both boxes checked to update weather automatically (& it gave me the warning about data use) & the "my location" & GPS both work perfectly.

How often should it update?? Is there any way (regedit etc) to force it to update more often??

~John
i thought it changes like every hour, i could be wrong but thats what I thought
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
i thought it changes like every hour, i could be wrong but thats what I thought
yes, that's what I thought but I just checked my weather tab & it says "last update -2 hours ago"

~John
Old 11-03-2009, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
yes, that's what I thought but I just checked my weather tab & it says "last update -2 hours ago"

~John

Just checked again & it still says "last update -2 hours ago"

It's obviously not updating for some reason. Does anybody else have this problem??

~John
Old 11-03-2009, 10:30 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

I hear you when you say it doesn't appear to be updating, but in terms of how often it should...there is a setting in the weather tab's Menu | Settings screen with a drop down to select 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 3, 6, 12, and 24 hours.

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe that's a manilla 2.5 setting I'm seeing? I'm running Juicy's ROM with Sense UI. I think MM's ROM is 2.1 isn't it, and perhaps that weather tab setting is not available into 2.1? I don't recall.

Last edited by CovKid66; 11-03-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:32 PM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB

Quote:
Just checked again & it still says "last update -2 hours ago"

It's obviously not updating for some reason. Does anybody else have this problem??

~John
Mine does the same this as far as not updating below the clock but as soon as I tap the wether tab it updates. SO right now it shows that it is sunny and 72degrees on my home tab when actually the sun set more than 2 hours ago and its 52 degrees right now....
Old 11-03-2009, 10:35 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
Mine does the same this as far as not updating below the clock but as soon as I tap the wether tab it updates. SO right now it shows that it is sunny and 72degrees on my home tab when actually the sun set more than 2 hours ago and its 52 degrees right now....
That's too funny...hopefully you don't plan your current activities around what your home tab is showing you then eh...lol.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
I hear you when you say it doesn't appear to be updating, but in terms of how often it should...there is a setting in the weather tab's Menu | Settings screen with a drop down to select 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 3, 6, 12, and 24 hours.

EDIT: Hmmm, maybe that's a manilla 2.5 setting I'm seeing? I think MM's ROM is 2.1 isn't it, and perhaps that setting is not built into 2.1?
Mine has no settings like that (I wish it did)

If I go to the weather tab & hit menu/settings there are only two check boxes. One says "Download weather automatically"

The other says "Download weather when roaming"

I have both boxes checked.

~John
Old 11-03-2009, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
So I'm not the only one with this problem, I wonder if there is a fix for it??

What good is the home screen weather if it never updates??

~John
Old 11-03-2009, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

same here unless i tap on weather tab

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2