PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CrozB is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Start / Task Bars Gone - Exchange Issues on ROMs running 2800x and Manila

Some users are running in to an issue where after flashing to the lastest 6.5.3 their phones will hang after the first reset after activating a connection to their exchange server. This is NOT happening to all users, only some. I was wondering if those that have run in to this issue have any fix, or feedback that might help the chefs find a cure?

Below is exactly what is happening to us select few on all ROMs I have tried that are 28002 and later and have Manila.
First PIC is a clean ROM flash, the only thing I have done is add exchange server. NOTE: Settings for exchange server are set to default. All I entered was the User Name, Password, Domain and Server Address as well as a required pin code:

So far it looks and acts fine. I know from past experience I can add, remove programs, settings etc. However for this example I only have exchange and the base reflections 2.5 ROM.

Next pic is the lock screen after my first reset after activation exchange:

Notice the top bar is actually still there. Phone is responding to touch just fine.

Next pic is after putting in the unlock pin:

Now both bars are gone. And touch screen and button no longer responding (pretty much a hang).
Anyfeed back you can give is appriciated! I am really wanting to use 6.5.3 and Manila 2.5 but seem to be SOL

Thanks
-D
Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Start / Task Bars Gone - Exchange Issues on ROMs running 2800x and Manila

im running a 28004 titanium rom only so my screens dont look like anything above but my exchange server will not connect. thatis the only problem im having, other then that its faster and smoother then any other build.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-27-2009, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
im running a 28004 titanium rom only so my screens dont look like anything above but my exchange server will not connect. thatis the only problem im having, other then that its faster and smoother then any other build.

The issue here is not that it will not connect but that it fails to load the start menu and seems to hang after resting.

2800x Titanium seem to be fine for me. I have tested both NATF and NAG's and both reset fine. It seems to only be when you bring Manila in to the 2800x equation some of us are having the issue with the start/task bars disappearing after a reset.

-D
Old 11-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
The issue here is not that it will not connect but that it fails to load the start menu and seems to hang after resting.

2800x Titanium seem to be fine for me. I have tested both NATF and NAG's and both reset fine. It seems to only be when you bring Manila in to the 2800x equation some of us are having the issue with the start/task bars disappearing after a reset.

-D
that may or may not be true but my statements are in reference to the exchange portion of your op and i would like a fix for that as well. every 280xx rom i build exchange will not connect, so what is the fix rom chefs are using?
Old 11-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Interestingly... I use Mightys Roms and did not have any problem until I tried Energy's Latest Leo... I did not have the problem WHILE using his rom however after going back to Mighty's I have the same thing happen...many times. I even reflashed the shipped Sprint Rom and reflashed Mighty's. I don't believe it is with Might's Rom.

I was trying to figure out what caused it, but had not seen others report it, when I saw this thread.

Last edited by searcher61; 11-28-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Start / Task Bars Gone - PIN Issue

Maybe we are getting somewhere on this? My exchange issue seems to really be an issue with the PIN. My company requires I put in a PIN. This is pushed to my phone from my companies exchange server the first time I try to connect to exchange.

Anyway I confirmed this by taking my wife's TP2 that is not on exchange, went to setting and told it to require a pin then did a soft rest. Sure enough after resetting and using the new pin it blew out the phone.

So, now what

-D

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2