PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dmaustin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Headset Stuck TP2 RUINED?!?

Sooo.....
Today I decided to plug my Touch Pro 2 line out into my DeWalt radio to play some music through pandora while I was working. After unplugging the 3.5mm cable the headset icon is stuck on my taskbar. I can't get any sound from phone calls and they can't hear me. Ringtones work just fine when someone calls. I don't even own a headset with a mic or bluetooth thing. I don't want to. I've tried a hard reset... I'm on Verizon with MightyRom. I found a post about the Imagio saying that their's did the same thing and they had to get a replacement. Does using your touch pro 2 for music really ruin your phone?! This is ridiculous! I guess I'm going to have to work on putting stock rom back and relocking, and waiting who knows how long for a replacement since they don't carry TP2 at stores! I loved my phone, but I'm wishing I'd held out for a Droid.
Boooooo! HTC SUCKS!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

teddat is just getting started
Re: Headset Stuck TP2 RUINED?!?

This happened to me too. it was a regular 3.5mm plug from a computer speaker system.

having to be really careful with the jack is not a reasonable requirement to prevent it from damage. I'm awaiting my sprint store to contact me when my replacement arrives.

word of warning to all TP2 users, becareful with the 3.5mm jack. its internal electrical pins are fragile. if they are bent in the wrong way, it can cause the device to think there is something plugged in all the time. rendering the ear speaker and speakers inoperable.

while my replacement is coming, i'm forced to use a bluetooth headset to make and receive calls as there is no sound from he phone itself.

this is definitely a HTC TP2 issue.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Have you tried plugging a headset in and out a few times? Sometimes that clears it up.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

teddat is just getting started

tried different 3.5mm headphones. and even the techs at my sprint repair store said it the jack's pins thats messed up in the inside.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2,hero
Carrier: sprint

jocampo86 is just getting started
Talking Re: Headset Stuck TP2 RUINED?!?

well that happened to me about a month ago ..tried everything hard resets and installed other roms to see if the icon wil clear up..after i flashed back to stock and locked ..i plugged one of those ugly old headphones and nothing after like 15 min after flashing i softreseted the headphone icon was gone and it worked just fine than 2 days later my power button went bad wouldnt wake up the phone received ma 2nd tp2 in 2 days via ups...
Old 12-01-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3D,Evo 4g,Rhodium,BBTour,Raphael,800W,Titan
Carrier: sprint 15 yrs

unsane is becoming a great contributor

Ive had the same probs....headset wouldnt go off the task bar and Ive had it reversed as well Ive plugged in and couldnt get a headset notification....fixed both with a new flash to mighty rom.....Ive also had the "would not wake up issue" and that one is def software related......happened a few times all with Manilla 2.5.....im pretty sure it was a manilla mod that makes it not wake up too.....something like max manilla or touch one......
Old 12-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsane View Post
Ive had the same probs....headset wouldnt go off the task bar and Ive had it reversed as well Ive plugged in and couldnt get a headset notification....fixed both with a new flash to mighty rom.....Ive also had the "would not wake up issue" and that one is def software related......happened a few times all with Manilla 2.5.....im pretty sure it was a manilla mod that makes it not wake up too.....something like max manilla or touch one......
I had the issue with not waking up either.. I didn't have max manilla or touch one installed.. Just MightROM w/ a few taskbar mods and apps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2