PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kpeters59 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trapster and internal GPS

Maybe I should have titled this thread just internal GPS... I thought I'd found out that the internal GPS needed to be unlocked to work with Trapster. However, unlocking didn't solve that. Maybe I HAVE to flash a new ROM?

The internal GPS does not register with either Trapster or Google Maps Mobile. I tried a bunch of different settings after default, and nothing seems to let Trapster get a lock. It just leaves me in CA...the HORROR! (It's a joke!!)

Now I've been told the GPS is NOT locked out of the box...

Can anybody please lend me a clue on how to get this working? I'd use it for golf maybe too...think how good I'd be with that!

Thanks,

-KP
Old 12-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Trapster and internal GPS

All I did out of the box is run quick GPS and every GPS utility worked like a charm.
Now that's on Sprint.
Is your phone new? Are you running stock ROM? Do you have Quick GPS and have you ran it?
I know... Not an answer... But it might help get you closer to realizing how opening your eyes while driving works better than trapster. lol.
p.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kpeters59 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
All I did out of the box is run quick GPS and every GPS utility worked like a charm.
Now that's on Sprint.
Is your phone new? Are you running stock ROM? Do you have Quick GPS and have you ran it?
I know... Not an answer... But it might help get you closer to realizing how opening your eyes while driving works better than trapster. lol.
p.

No on Quick GPS...what's that? Got a link?

Yes on stock ROM...so far...recommendations?

My eyes are open...but the little town I live in INSIDE of Houston, they've found a spot coming up the first on-ramp on the North side and hide behind the wall and stick the laser gun out...pretty hard to see. I've lived in this little town for 9 years now without any traffic tickets (every other kind of ticket!!) and I'd like to keep it that way...my 1998 Valentine is no longer reliable...

Thanks,

-KP
Old 12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
N00b
Carrier: Vzw

rube77 is a n00b

I have it working on my verizon stock rom. All I did out of the box was enable the gps in location settings...go to all settings-->personal--> phone, click on cdma services tab, highlight location setting and hit get settings, then make sure location is on. After that, I ran quick gps like the other suggestion stated and trapster runs fine.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

arlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuffarlindemini knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to arlindemini Send a message via MSN to arlindemini

If you go to your "All Programs" list, you should see "QuickGPS" it comes with stock WindowsMobile install on HTC TP2s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeters59 View Post

My eyes are open...but the little town I live in INSIDE of Houston, they've found a spot coming up the first on-ramp on the North side and hide behind the wall and stick the laser gun out...pretty hard to see. I've lived in this little town for 9 years now without any traffic tickets (every other kind of ticket!!) and I'd like to keep it that way...my 1998 Valentine is no longer reliable...

Thanks,

-KP
Old 12-03-2009, 12:46 PM
N00b

rube77 is a n00b

Quote:
Quick GPS is on verizon stock rom, you can find it in start menu, all applications.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kpeters59 is a n00b

OK...I found QuickGPS.

I got it working (YEA!!!).

The reference to QuickGPS led me down the correct path, but, I think, was not the cure. The cure, I believe, was GPS "Location" on, instead of just 911.

Now, if I get a ticket, who do I blame?

Since unlocking my phone, now Trapster will only run once and then I have to power off/on to get it to run again...

Thanks,

-KP
Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 PM
N00b

rube77 is a n00b

Quote:
OK...I found QuickGPS.

I got it working (YEA!!!).

The reference to QuickGPS led me down the correct path, but, I think, was not the cure. The cure, I believe, was GPS "Location" on, instead of just 911.

Now, if I get a ticket, who do I blame?

Since unlocking my phone, now Trapster will only run once and then I have to power off/on to get it to run again...

Thanks,

-KP

Good to hear its working!!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Thanks,

-KP
I was just kidding about the eyes open. I use trapster whenever I go somewhere unfamiliar.
I like to get all the help I can get and locals usually know what's up.
Also... Glad to hear you got it working.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2