PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nomaxtech is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nomaxtech
WM6.5 Large Finger Menus Question

Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've been messing around with some kitchen for 6.5 and have been pretty successful but there is one thing I can't figure out for the life of me...

My first build had those large finger friendly menus and now every subsequnet build does not. I don't remember changing anything that had anything to do with menus.

Can someone point me in the right direction to start looking? Thank you in advance.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:25 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: WM6.5 Large Finger Menus Question

Pretty much anything after 6.5, such as 6.5.1 or 6.5.3, etc, has the finger friendly buttons, as they are designed for next-generation capacitive displays, such as the HD2.
Not necessarily an upgrade over 6.5 for current devices, in my opinion.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-29-2009, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

Mightymike314 is becoming a great contributor

Your probably built a 6.5.x rom first and now you kinda went backwards to 6.5 Personally, I like the 6.5.x The location of all buttons and larger fields to select is useful for me.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightymike314 View Post
Your probably built a 6.5.x rom first and now you kinda went backwards to 6.5 Personally, I like the 6.5.x The location of all buttons and larger fields to select is useful for me.
I agree. I also am a big fan of having both the battery and the clock in the upper taskbar.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

nomaxtech is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nomaxtech

Okay, I have new info that might help get me (or us) to the bottom of this.

I created a fresh ROM the same as before, loaded it up, and there they were! The big menus I like. The tabs on some of the settings screens were a little nicer looking also. I turned off that new WM6.5 Today screen, Titanium or whatever it is, and changed the theme colors and then the finger menus disappeared. It all went back to WM6.1 style menus.

I re-enabled the Titanium (I think I have that right...?) plugin and set the color theme back to before I played with it but the large menus never came back. Is there a simple setting or registry tweak for this? It's driving me nuts that I can't figure this out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
finger, menu, wm6.5