PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 08:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint (HTC) Touch 2
Carrier: Sprint

Bulldog46208 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nintendo Wii and Sprint Touch Pro 2

Has anyone been able to use WMWifirouter to connect their Nintendo Wii to the internet? My only source of internet is through my TP2. When I try to connect over Wi-fi to my Nintendo Wii, the Wii recognizes the TP2 but will not connect. Has anyone tried this? Any suggestions to get it to work?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Nintendo Wii and Sprint Touch Pro 2

tried, failed... i dont think the wii accepts ad-hoc connections, at least thats what i remember coming up with.. been a while..
Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint (HTC) Touch 2
Threadstarter

Bulldog46208 is just getting started

Okay, thank you for the quick responses.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I couldn't even get my Brother-in-laws Wii to work on his Laptops Ad-Hoc connection. So I think it's a Console thing.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

the only way i got it connected is sharing connection with lappy that all

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 04-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raphael)

JMizzo is a n00b

I use it every day for xbox live on my 360, also have used it on my PS3. Got them to work with both WMWifirouter and the XDA Wifi router. Have both set up with password protection. I have no idea what I am doing differently.

JM
Old 04-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gammax7 is a n00b

It can be done by using a router (a wireless access point should also work) between the Wii (DS, etc.) and your phone. I have an old router that I use just for this purpose. There are two things that you have to do.

First, you have to set up a Wi-Fi connection between your phone and router. That is, they both have to be set up with the same SSID and same encryption (if that's to be used, though I would try first without it). You should also make sure that the wifi connection on the phone (wifirouter, for example) is set up as Infrastructure (not ad-hoc). This is the wifi connection that your Wifi router on the phone will be using, so make sure that they match.

The second very important thing is to turn off the DHCP server on the router. For most routers, this can be done on the home screen or LAN screen. I believe that this step is not necessary if you use a wireless access point instead of a router.

A third, I believe optional, step is to put the router and the phone on the same subnet. I have them like that, but I don't think it's necessary.

Finally, I use a small utility on the phone called ICS Control as opposed to the wifi router app. ICS Control gives you much more control (as the name implies!) including port forwarding, etc., but it's harder to set up and use. I do think that this could work with the wifi router; I just wanted to say that's not what I use.

BTW, this method also allows you to connect wired devices in addition to every imaginable wireless device to the router. For example, you can get an xbox 360 connected by plugging it into one of the router's LAN ports using an ethernet cable (no need for a wifi adapter). FYI, in this configuration, you should never plug anything into the router's WAN port. I have a router set up in our minivan and use this configuration all the time, so I know that it works. The kids love being able to have internet access anywhere and for any device!

Good luck!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/ HTC EVO Supersonic
Carrier: Boost CDMA/ Sprint 3g&4g Now Network

kevo3000 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to kevo3000

@gammax7: Im going to give this a try and i will let you know my results, if this does work then maybe you should make a step by step instructional list, alot of geekers would be happy....

Last edited by kevo3000; 06-06-2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: spelling correction
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Unknown

Demonis is a n00b

I didn't read the other replies, so I'm sure someone already helped you. But the only way I get my consoles (I have all three) to work via the phone is use the Wifi to a computer, then crossover cable the computer to the console. It's still too slow to play, but at least you can download games, patches, updates, and demos if you want.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gammax7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo3000 View Post
@gammax7: Im going to give this a try and i will let you know my results, if this does work then maybe you should make a step by step instructional list, alot of geekers would be happy....
Yeah, let me know if you can't get it to work. As I had mentioned, I know it works as we use it all the time. It works with all kinds of wireless/Wi-Fi devices (Wii, DS, DSi, PSP, PS3, ipod, laptops, etc.) as well as all kinds of wired devices (XBOX, XBOX 360, laptops, etc.). In fact, last year, for a ski trip to NM, I set up our XBOX on a 24'' monitor in the minivan, connected it to the router (which was connected to my phone), and the kids were not only able to play local games, but they also played Halo 3 on XBOX Live while driving on I-35!!! Yes, they are still telling their friends about that.

If needed, I can provide a more detailed step-by-step guide and post in the right place. I'm not sure where that would go...

As Demonis mentioned, this can also be done through a laptop. You can have the laptop establish an internet connection through the phone (USB, bluetooth, or WiFi) and then share that connection through another connection (like Ethernet) using Windows built-in Internet Sharing. Personally, I find the router a bit "cleaner" of a solution. I would be willing to bet that it's also faster.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2