PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/)
-   -   FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/99130-finally-got-tp2-sprint-questions.html)

drnick5 11-29-2009 01:45 AM

FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions....
 
Hello all,

I've had a touch pro on sprint for almost a year and FINALLY got them to replace it for a touch pro 2 today. I have to say I really like it so far, is ti just me or does it just SEEM a lot more smooth then the original touch pro 2 (at least VERY smooth and stable for a stock rom)

I was looking at flashing to a new rom (probably start with mighty's) but it seems a little more confusing then my touch pro was

with the TP I simply hooked my phone up to my computer, connected via activesync and ran the unlocker file on my computer, once that finished I'd simply run the flash utility for the rom I wanted and off I went

after skimming through the CDMA upgrade forum it seems to be a lot more complicated to unlock the TP2. I see one post talking about unlocking the SPL, another talking about unlocking the sim and another talking about unlocked radio's (I'm confused as to WHAT I actually need!). I also dont' see any download links like were in the TP 1 forums.

can someone help me out? all I want to do is load mighy rom for now.

thanks!

japper88 11-29-2009 01:55 AM

Re: FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions....
 
All you need to do to get rolling is use the Hard-SPL unlocker. That will unlock your phone so you can install roms. Don't worry about the other stuff, that's not required for your phone to install custom roms and function properly.

FYI you only need to unlock the radio/sim for sprint if you want to use AT&T or T-Mobile sim cards with your phone. (Sprint's TP2 is already unlocked by default to use international sim cards) or I believe if you want to use the Sprint TP2 on another CDMA carrier.

piratedninja 11-29-2009 01:56 AM

Re: FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions....
 
This is all you need to flash a new rom to your TP2:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

just follow the instructions there exactly and in no more than 2 minutes, you'll be ready to start flashing new roms just like you used to with the old TP

its really just as simple as before.

japper88 11-29-2009 02:03 AM

Re: FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions....
 
If you want info/download links for mighty rom go here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579
the download link should be in the first post.

fuzzy26 11-29-2009 03:44 AM

Re: FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions....
 
Mighty is running SMOOTH on my TP2. Just needed help rounding up some stock Sprint cabs. Thanks to guys like Japper88 and others, I have a mighty TP2!! (that sounded corny)

japper88 11-29-2009 04:30 AM

Re: FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions....
 
You can get a good Sprint Provisioning cab and SprintTV here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/96207-updated-sprint-tv-100-working.html
And here is a good thread with just about all the carrier cabs here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/93573-carrier-cabs-tp2.html

drnick5 11-29-2009 11:24 AM

Re: FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions....
 
Thanks for the help!

I got my TP2 unlocked and flashed with Mighty rom :-)

the only thing I noticed is there is no character counter in text messages anymore. any idea if there si a way for me to get this back? I just hate sending a text thats more then 160 characters!

thanks again!

fuzzy26 11-29-2009 04:07 PM

Re: FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drnick5 (Post 1370958)
Thanks for the help!

I got my TP2 unlocked and flashed with Mighty rom :-)

the only thing I noticed is there is no character counter in text messages anymore. any idea if there si a way for me to get this back? I just hate sending a text thats more then 160 characters!

thanks again!

That is true. On the stock sprint 6.1 rom there was no counter either if you access txt from the txt tab. But if you go to mms through the icon under the productivity folder you will get txt with a counter. 2 diff txt apps/layout I think. Anyway a sprint update may fix this. Hope this helps.

drnick5 11-29-2009 05:34 PM

Re: FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzy26 (Post 1371474)
That is true. On the stock sprint 6.1 rom there was no counter either if you access txt from the txt tab. But if you go to mms through the icon under the productivity folder you will get txt with a counter. 2 diff txt apps/layout I think. Anyway a sprint update may fix this. Hope this helps.


wow, its funny you say that cause I JUST noticed that when I accesed the texts through "all messages" the counter is there! but if I access it via touchflo 3d its not.. strange.....is there any way to fix this? (its the ONE thing that bothers me with this rom, but I think it might have to do wiht the touchflo 3d and not so much mighty rom itself...)

fuzzy26 11-29-2009 06:32 PM

Re: FINALLY got a TP2 (sprint), questions....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drnick5 (Post 1371732)
wow, its funny you say that cause I JUST noticed that when I accesed the texts through "all messages" the counter is there! but if I access it via touchflo 3d its not.. strange.....is there any way to fix this? (its the ONE thing that bothers me with this rom, but I think it might have to do wiht the touchflo 3d and not so much mighty rom itself...)

I think that it is tf3d itself not mighty because the sms was the same way pior to flashing to mighty.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0