PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Is there an app to check which apps were installed on the 'storage card' vs. 'device?

I periodically go into modes in which I need to clean clean clean my computers and gadgets and I was wondering if there was an app or something out there to detect which of my installed programs have been installed on the Storage Card and which have been installed on the Device.

I'd basically like to find what I truly need to install on the Device and reinstall everything else on the Storage Card to save Device disk space.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:27 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

TWO515TY is just getting started
Re: Is there an app to check which apps were installed on the 'storage card' vs. 'dev

I don't know of an app that does this, but a good start would be to go to the program files folder on the device and on the storage card and see what's installed.

As far as what goes where, you basically just need to consider the frequency of use, size and what it's used for. For example, things like games, standalone navigation software, and programs I don't use very often I would put on the memory card. Programs like google maps, bing, tweaks, S2U2 and other programs that are used often go on the device. You have to consider whether or not the program would function properly if you didn't have your memory card. For example, S2U2 wouldn't work properly if you installed it on your memory card and then lost it somehow.

Realistically, most things can be installed on the storage card, but there are some that are just better to have on the device itself.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Is there an app to check which apps were installed on the 'storage card' vs. 'dev

i install everything on sdcard except tweaks or phone setting app like pocstshield everything goes to sdcard and never had one issue or lag from gps to games to media player.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

there is a feature in memmaid that can show you,and give you the option to switch some installed programs to the card and vice versa.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17

SKTools shows you where everything is installed & allows you to change the install location. It automatically moves the app, changes the registry settings, & updates shotcuts.
---- Former Verizon XV6700
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO515TY View Post
I don't know of an app that does this, but a good start would be to go to the program files folder on the device and on the storage card and see what's installed.
I would say, oh definitely, but I'm noticing that even when things are installed on the card, they could create a footprint on the device, sometimes in that very same Program Files folder or My Documents and Settings, where they might throw one or two files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
SKTools shows you where everything is installed & allows you to change the install location. It automatically moves the app, changes the registry settings, & updates shotcuts.
Really? I've been using SKTools for a while now but I guess not very effectively. I'll check that out and just in case I don't find it, what category is it under?
Old 11-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

SKTools worked great, thank you!
Old 11-29-2009, 02:44 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is sktools or memmaid freeware???????
Old 11-29-2009, 04:54 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

anyone know how to make cab files via SKTools?????? I tried the reg to cab but couldnt figure it out....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2