PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is there an app to check which apps were installed on the 'storage card' vs. 'device? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99097)

rorytmeadows 11-28-2009 08:55 PM

Is there an app to check which apps were installed on the 'storage card' vs. 'device?

I periodically go into modes in which I need to clean clean clean my computers and gadgets and I was wondering if there was an app or something out there to detect which of my installed programs have been installed on the Storage Card and which have been installed on the Device.

I'd basically like to find what I truly need to install on the Device and reinstall everything else on the Storage Card to save Device disk space.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

TWO515TY 11-28-2009 09:27 PM

Re: Is there an app to check which apps were installed on the 'storage card' vs. 'dev

I don't know of an app that does this, but a good start would be to go to the program files folder on the device and on the storage card and see what's installed.

As far as what goes where, you basically just need to consider the frequency of use, size and what it's used for. For example, things like games, standalone navigation software, and programs I don't use very often I would put on the memory card. Programs like google maps, bing, tweaks, S2U2 and other programs that are used often go on the device. You have to consider whether or not the program would function properly if you didn't have your memory card. For example, S2U2 wouldn't work properly if you installed it on your memory card and then lost it somehow.

Realistically, most things can be installed on the storage card, but there are some that are just better to have on the device itself.

saj070 11-28-2009 11:16 PM

Re: Is there an app to check which apps were installed on the 'storage card' vs. 'dev

i install everything on sdcard except tweaks or phone setting app like pocstshield everything goes to sdcard and never had one issue or lag from gps to games to media player.

BROOKNAM 11-28-2009 11:56 PM

there is a feature in memmaid that can show you,and give you the option to switch some installed programs to the card and vice versa.

aamon17 11-29-2009 01:17 AM

SKTools shows you where everything is installed & allows you to change the install location. It automatically moves the app, changes the registry settings, & updates shotcuts.

rorytmeadows 11-29-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWO515TY (Post 1369911)
I don't know of an app that does this, but a good start would be to go to the program files folder on the device and on the storage card and see what's installed.

I would say, oh definitely, but I'm noticing that even when things are installed on the card, they could create a footprint on the device, sometimes in that very same Program Files folder or My Documents and Settings, where they might throw one or two files.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aamon17 (Post 1370417)
SKTools shows you where everything is installed & allows you to change the install location. It automatically moves the app, changes the registry settings, & updates shotcuts.

Really? I've been using SKTools for a while now but I guess not very effectively. I'll check that out and just in case I don't find it, what category is it under?

rorytmeadows 11-29-2009 01:32 PM

SKTools worked great, thank you!

Dragon2 11-29-2009 02:44 PM

is sktools or memmaid freeware???????

Dragon2 11-29-2009 04:54 PM

anyone know how to make cab files via SKTools?????? I tried the reg to cab but couldnt figure it out....