PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help Editing this EXE file

All right guys...I am taking a stab at some programming. It is true that I have no formal training which brings me to my first question.

I suppose I need some sort of decompiler or exe editor...allthough I am not having much luck finding it.
Can anyone help out a fellow PPCGeeker?

Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Help Editing this EXE file

IDA Pro, issue is its like $1000

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thank you sir!!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well....I think I've bitten off more than I can chew. What I was wanting to do was add as option to the end of enterbootloader.exe. I really wish there was an option to "reset" the device. I am wearing out my battery cover....slide on....slide off...slide on.....slide off....I am addicted to flashing!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:07 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I haven't had to slide off my battery cover once, to flash. Why do you need to do that?

Most of the Roms on here are self installing. Meaning that they will throw the device into bootloader for you when you run it.

Also, on my VZW TP2, I can just hold volume down and the red power(end call) button, with the phone off and it will load into bootloader.

Not sure if there is a similar process on the Sprint TP2.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 11-28-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well...I am on a mac. And restarting the mac just to use the bootloader is a nuisance. But then again so is sliding the cover off. Flashing is my drug right now...the battery cover (and now that you mention it) and Bootcamp are my dirty needles. LOL... I like that analogy. I can enter bootloader without taking the cover off by accessing the enterbootloader.exe program.... I keep it on the root of SD card. But after flashing...the cover comes off so I can hit the Reset button to take it out of bootloader mode. I'm just lazy I guess.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2