PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Upon further review... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99050)

lifeuw19 11-28-2009 01:54 PM

Upon further review...

Battery life on the TP2 isn't all it's cracked up to be. I had the TP and couldn't stand the battery "life". I had the TP2 for a few weeks... everything seemed fine. Then I did an experiment today. NO phone calls, emails, internet... NOTHING. I had the phone at 100%, 3 hours later, receiving 3 text messages (and not responding), the battery was down to 64%. Then... I checked email ONCE... and I'm down to 56%.... all in less than 4 hours.

Now... I understand if I'm running slingbox, listening to Sirius, sufring the web, playing games, etc. But c'mon. Losing 36% of my battery in 3 hours doing NOTHING?

What could be causing this? The ONLY thing "running" is S2U2. I know it's a battery hog... but this much?

Suggestions? I have tired all the battery tweaks, etc. I just refuse to have to take cords with me EVERYWHERE I go, just to make a few phone calls.

qwalls 11-28-2009 02:22 PM

Re: Upon further review...

S2U2 will do it. I had it on my Sprint TP2 and it lost about 45% in 6 hours. Replaced it with Pocket Shield and it only lost about 20% in 8 hours. This was overnight in each case, and the only thing that ran during that time was a full backup using Sprite Backup, and a backup to Microsoft MyPhone. Too bad because I really like S2U2. Some people don't seem to have the problem with S2U2, but I'm not one of the lucky ones. Also, if you're in a weak signal area, the battery will drain very fast.

drobins9 11-28-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeuw19 (Post 1369011)
Battery life on the TP2 isn't all it's cracked up to be. I had the TP and couldn't stand the battery "life". I had the TP2 for a few weeks... everything seemed fine. Then I did an experiment today. NO phone calls, emails, internet... NOTHING. I had the phone at 100%, 3 hours later, receiving 3 text messages (and not responding), the battery was down to 64%. Then... I checked email ONCE... and I'm down to 56%.... all in less than 4 hours.

Now... I understand if I'm running slingbox, listening to Sirius, sufring the web, playing games, etc. But c'mon. Losing 36% of my battery in 3 hours doing NOTHING?

What could be causing this? The ONLY thing "running" is S2U2. I know it's a battery hog... but this much?

Suggestions? I have tired all the battery tweaks, etc. I just refuse to have to take cords with me EVERYWHERE I go, just to make a few phone calls.

It must be that S2U2 thing. If I didn't have push mail running, my phone would probably go a couple days. I have Goodlink where I get about 100 e-mails a day for work, and my personal e-mail through Hotmail where I get about 30-40 e-mails a day pushed. With my Diamond, I had to change the battery at least twice a day. With the Touch Pro 2, I can usually go from 6am until 9pm-12am without changing the battery. Granted, I'll usually change it in the afternoon anyway, but it's about 3 times as good as the Touch Diamond.

SKS06460 11-29-2009 09:04 AM

Yes, absolutely. It's unfortunate.

S2U2 is a really cool program that eats batteries like piranhas after a fatted cow.

Remove S2U2 and you're good to go.

fishingmedic 11-29-2009 09:16 AM

I don't use S2U2 as even with recent changes to it all I've heard is that it eats up the battery (love the comment above... like piranahs after a fatty cow!!!). I'm running mightyROM, charged the phone yesterday afternoon, didn't use it much, receive e-mails every 2 hours, couple of calls, few texts, have decent signal and this morning was at 82%, so I have to disagree about the battery life. I'd have to say it's S2U2 and maybe signal strength that's doing it in.

BetaMan 11-29-2009 10:04 AM

I switched from MightyROM to eRice's ROM and noticed that the battery lasted much longer. I haven't ran S2U2 on either ROM. I then installed MightyROM 11/25/09 version and waiting to see if it works any better. I loved the eRice ROM but the screen would freeze up on only the top half for some reason. Couldn't deal with that, so back to Mighty.

havox22 11-29-2009 10:47 AM

im on JDs rom & i just got off of a 3 1/2 hour call with bluetooth on the whole time & i have 40% battery left & the phone was off the charger for like a hour before the call & i had about 6-7 texts also..so maybe its the rom or something u have installed or maybe a bad battery or phone, who knows but thats not normal

jmorton10 11-29-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKS06460 (Post 1370834)

S2U2 is a really cool program that eats batteries like piranhas after a fatted cow.

Remove S2U2 and you're good to go.

LOL, exactly.

I gave up on s2u2 a long time ago.

I went to PocketShield (which has no effect on battery life) & never looked back....

~John

havox22 11-29-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1370943)
LOL, exactly.

I gave up on s2u2 a long time ago.

I went to PocketShield (which has no effect on battery life) & never looked back....

~John

i think i mite try that..is it easy to set up?? free?

gianthobbit 11-29-2009 12:08 PM

hmm, i never heard that about s2u2. Been running it now for about a week, will have to compare battery life. That would really suck if its true, can anyone else confirm?