PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   reboot looping (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99036)

nntb 11-28-2009 11:35 AM

reboot looping

so i killed the battery dead i guess by leaving it not pluged in over night... i woke up to the sound of a buzz then a while later another buzz at 6 am >.< my phone was rebooting its self for no reasion. i have no idea whats going on... is it because of a low battery? when i try and just leave it pluged into my ps3s usb(because i cant find the power adapter) it is just rebooting forever T_T

it does as follows

red light on
BUZZZZT
HTC Touch Pro 2 logo
Mighty Rom logo
black with red light on
BUZZT
HTC Touch pro 2 logo
.... ect

i was messing with it and got it to show the windows screen is this a result of a really dead battery?

nntb 11-28-2009 11:46 AM

Re: reboot looping

seriously i am freeking out and i dont know what to do.. i work at 10 and i use my phone for work T_T

BRIVERS73 11-28-2009 11:51 AM

Looks like it's time to perform a hard reset bro.... Hopefully you have a current backup of your device

nntb 11-28-2009 12:13 PM

how do i preform a "hard reset" if i reflash my phone with a new rom or somthing how do i know if it will work i mean like i am just not sure and kind of worried. that it might not flash all the way due to a low battery or somthing.

navychief52 11-28-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nntb (Post 1368804)
how do i preform a "hard reset" if i reflash my phone with a new rom or somthing how do i know if it will work i mean like i am just not sure and kind of worried. that it might not flash all the way due to a low battery or somthing.

A hard reset isn't the same thing as flashing a ROM, and no, I would not attempt to flash a ROM with a low battery.

To perform a hard reset:
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the Talk and End keys first, and then press and hold the Power
button until you see the following message on the screen:

This operation will delete
all your personal data,
and reset all settings to
manufacturer default.
Press VolUp to restore
manufacturer default, or
press other keys to cancel.

2. Release the Talk key, End key, and Power button.
3. Press the Volume Up button to restore the device to factory default status.
– or –
Press any other front panel key to cancel the hard reset and just power on the device.

nntb 11-28-2009 12:34 PM

ok did this now insted of the "mighty rom" screen it just starts to show the windows screen before rebooting... i think my rom is bad or somthing. T_T

nntb 11-28-2009 12:44 PM

i reflashed it with the new mighty rom after hard reseting...
it now goes touch pro 2 > mighty rom > windows screen > loading bar on windows > reset. T_T is my phone broken?

nntb 11-28-2009 12:51 PM

anyone got any ideas >.< i am seriously freeking out

meatgel 11-28-2009 12:53 PM

Try to flash stock.

nntb 11-28-2009 01:16 PM

flashed stock rom and it goes touch pro 2 > green windows mobile > reboot.