PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Can we make thi$ happen!
yea 2 66.67%
nay 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

sincere_207 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wouldn't it be nice.....

I am very sure we all have personal information on our devices that sometimes we don't want to share with the whole world. Like when someone wants to make a call on your phone and they start browsing/playing with it like it was theirs, without your permission. Now your stuck, and don't want to offend whomever, waiting to get back your phone. (Or) Your baby, niece, nephew, child, etc... wants to play with your phone and you play them a video, they walk away with your phone and accidentilly pull up something not intended for them but they are showing your phone to other members. (How can you explain that it was a mistake when the proof is in their little hands.)
Can someone make a program that would lock down the phone but would temporary unlock what you want the other person to view. Then locks up completely on them when they go into other areas of the phone you never granted them access to to go into in the first place.
(Kinda like speeding up the process and not having to offend anybody in getting your phone back like, not now but right now, or, I've been waiting since yesterday to get my phone back, etc..................................@**#%!&...... ....)

Last edited by sincere_207; 10-03-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: I'll personally provide the reasonable funding myself for anyone, but I need the votes to develop interest.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:31 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Wouldn't it be nice.....

that wold be nice.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WH0EVER is a n00b

i don't often have this problem because if people want to see stuff on my phone i normally just operate the phone for them, but when i leave the room people seem to think my phone is fair game. great idea. i hope someone can figure it out
Old 10-04-2009, 12:40 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

i rarely let someone mess with or even make a call with my phone.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

well lets say in the case of photos or videos, just make a folder include your sensitive data and password encrypt it so nobody has access to that extremely private data. As far as being concerned with others reading texts messages and things of that nature just put a password lock on the phone so that you have to type in a key to unlock it...therefore someone would have to ask to use your phone and you would atleast have that second to make an excuse. hope that advice helps
Old 10-04-2009, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbal954 View Post
well lets say in the case of photos or videos, just make a folder include your sensitive data and password encrypt it so nobody has access to that extremely private data. As far as being concerned with others reading texts messages and things of that nature just put a password lock on the phone so that you have to type in a key to unlock it...therefore someone would have to ask to use your phone and you would atleast have that second to make an excuse. hope that advice helps
true because I got a few pictures and vids I dont want everyone seeing on my phone lol
Old 11-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: tmobile

Arjun007 is a n00b

How do you password protect a specific folder?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2