PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
uploading photos to facebook??

On my old TREO 800W, When I would either take a photo with the camera or view a photo I could select SEND to SERVICE (something like that) and then I could select FACEBOOK, MYSPACE, SPRINT PICTUREMAIL (web site) etc. THis didnt come stock with the phone but sprint came out with an update that enabled this. How do I do this on the Sprint TP2??
Old 11-27-2009, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: uploading photos to facebook??

I haven't played with SharePix much, but it does have that option. I installed it, and tried to get it to upload photos to PhotoBucket, but didn't get it working in a few minutes and moved on. It wasn't something I cared enough about to figure it out. I'm also not a Facebook kind of guy, or any of the other 4 sites it allows uploads to, but maybe you can make it work.

Just unzip the file below, and run the EXE file on your TP2 (it works)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Share-pix.zip (1.74 MB, 8 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by TheBundo; 11-27-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Just use the FB and Myspace apps available from the marketplace, and upload them from there
Old 11-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Just use the FB and Myspace apps available from the marketplace, and upload them from there

I have the facebook app already installed but you have to upload pictures from the APP.. I wanted to use the stock camera program to do that like I could on the old phone. I am goin to try that sharepix and see what it does
Old 11-27-2009, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does Facebook have some valuable use, or is it like Twitter (the modern version of the CB radio)?
Old 11-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I tried sharepix and it appears most of the menus are messed up as it must not be designed for VGA?also it does not add the options to the regular TP2 applications for sending photos like I had on the 800W (sprint).

any other ideas??
Old 11-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Does Facebook have some valuable use, or is it like Twitter (the modern version of the CB radio)?
If you like reconnecting and/or staying in touch with old friends and far away family members then it has plenty of use. If you don't care for that kind of stuff then no, its just as useless as Twitter. With that being said... Everyone follow me on twitter: @dfrance21. lol!
Old 11-27-2009, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidobf View Post
If you like reconnecting and/or staying in touch with old friends and far away family members then it has plenty of use. If you don't care for that kind of stuff then no, its just as useless as Twitter. With that being said... Everyone follow me on twitter: @dfrance21. lol!
I guess I'll just stick with phone calls. When I haven't seen or talked to someone for a long time, like an old friend or distant relative (cousins and beyond), there's nothing like hearing their voice. The few friends I have been talked into looking at their Twitter site say stupid things all day, like:

"I'm really tired now, wanna take a nap"

"Why are people so mean?"

"Feel like I'm getting a cold"

It didn't take much of that BS to unsubscribe quickly (yes, I set up a Twitter account, but never made a Tweet)
Old 11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
I tried sharepix and it appears most of the menus are messed up as it must not be designed for VGA?also it does not add the options to the regular TP2 applications for sending photos like I had on the 800W (sprint).

any other ideas??
If you're into flashing, I believe the HTC LEO Manilla 2.5 ROMS have that feature. Other than that, you can send the pics out via picmail and it uploads directly to your account.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

furrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to furrelkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
On my old TREO 800W, When I would either take a photo with the camera or view a photo I could select SEND to SERVICE (something like that) and then I could select FACEBOOK, MYSPACE, SPRINT PICTUREMAIL (web site) etc. THis didnt come stock with the phone but sprint came out with an update that enabled this. How do I do this on the Sprint TP2??
on facebook look for your upload email address, can't remember where it is...check settings... then you can send email (something@m.facebook.com) and it goes to FB. HTH

Edit: On main page, bottom of page click Mobile (between Privacy and Help)...it will give you your upload email address under the Upload Photos via Email section.

ROM: Fresh
Rooted/NAND
Don't forget to give

Last edited by furrelkt; 11-27-2009 at 01:40 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2