PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 4 Life...... well at least I thought.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98994)

coldheat06 11-28-2009 12:53 AM

TP2 4 Life...... well at least I thought....

I am a long time HTC Touch follower..... (Devices): Touch, Touch Pro, then lastly Touch Pro 2.... Anyway I decided to try something different other then WIMMO so just went out and bought a Sprint HTC Hero..........

All I can say is wow...... this is a whole another world for me!!! I am truly in love with my HTC Hero. So if anyone is wanting to try out something new I would greatly suggest trying out Android.

JZ* 11-28-2009 12:57 AM

Re: TP2 4 Life...... well at least I thought....

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldheat06 (Post 1368105)
I am a long time HTC Touch follower..... (Devices): Touch, Touch Pro, then lastly Touch Pro 2.... Anyway I decided to try something different other then WIMMO so just went out and bought a Sprint HTC Hero..........

All I can say is wow...... this is a whole another world for me!!! I am truly in love with my HTC Hero. So if anyone is wanting to try out something new I would greatly suggest trying out Android.

Great...glad your happy...better change your signature, and be sure to keep popping in now and then:???:...I however LOVE my Juicy TP2:headbang:

Seriously though...hope you enjoy your new device...they are always cool at first...its the lasting value that makes it...time will tell...ENJOY IT!

MidwestDrummer 11-28-2009 01:08 AM

If there was a solid Sprint Android device with a QWERTY keyboard, I'd be more apt to give Android a try.

Dr.8820 11-28-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer (Post 1368135)
If there was a solid Sprint Android device with a QWERTY keyboard, I'd be more apt to give Android a try.

the samsung moment has it, it's a pretty nice phone.

mswlogo 11-28-2009 01:58 AM

If you think the hero is nice check out a Droid some time.

railslave 11-28-2009 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1368166)

y agonna be at the game sunday burg boy? i will.....................go rAVENS

BenC 11-28-2009 02:44 AM

I checked out the Droid today on the Verizon snortwork and it was nice. The keyboard is not as nice as the TP2, but performance was good and it did not get warm. My 1st TP2 was replaced this week due to getting exceedingly hot in use and when charging. The 2nd one (current one) got very hot yesterday, so today I used another battery and it did ok.

MidwestDrummer 11-28-2009 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1368166)

The Moment is only running Cupcake, which means no updated Android Market, power widget, or battery usage screen.

No dice.

Ranger093 11-28-2009 04:24 AM

When I tried out my palm pre I said the same thing and felt the same way. Down to the point..... I'm back after 3 months, lets see how long it takes you.

jmorton10 11-28-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger093 (Post 1368429)
I'm back after 3 months, lets see how long it takes you.

LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading that post.

My brother-in-law just bought a Droid & I played with it for a few hours last night at a family get together. That phone just doesn't really do anything for me & I'm not even sure exactly why.

I know every time I use my TP2 running Juicy's awesome ROM, I just love the thing & never want to put it down. The Droid did not give me that feeling at all.

Part of it is, the thing is so butt-ugly (it looks like it's 10 years old) that right from the get go it doesn't really excite me. Then I look at the mediocre KB (compared to the TP2) & that's a let down.

We where trying to do google searches & the browser seemed very slow for some reason & froze up a couple times but that may or may not have been the phones fault.

I use SlingMobile & Sirius on my phone daily & I don't think that stuff works in the Droid at this time although I may well be wrong about that.

When I first saw that he was using the Droid, I figured just great -I'm going to play with it & then want to buy one. That was not the case at all however. When I was done playing with it, I handed it back & now I have no desire whatever to own one (which is a big relief)

~John