PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 & Tom Tom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98993)

Brian23 11-28-2009 12:50 AM

TP2 & Tom Tom

I have the Touch Pro 2 on a F&C plan with a free unlimited add on. I do not get the sprint navigation with my plan. What is the best application or cab file I can get to get gps services with out changing my data plan? I read there is something you can do with a Tom Tom GPS. I just bought the Tom Tom XL-325 S. Can anyone help me?

dunebuggydude11 11-28-2009 12:57 AM

Re: TP2 & Tom Tom

well you can buy TOMTOM mobile and install it on your TP2 then use it as GPS nav. there are also GPS nav by Garmin and IGO for the TP2. I personally use TOMTOM 7 mobile and it's great in my opinion

SporkLover 11-28-2009 11:34 AM

Dude, you have two of the exact same posts.....

Imaginos 11-28-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunebuggydude11 (Post 1368115)
well you can buy TOMTOM mobile and install it on your TP2 then use it as GPS nav. there are also GPS nav by Garmin and IGO for the TP2. I personally use TOMTOM 7 mobile and it's great in my opinion

Are you on a 6.5 or 6.1 rom? I have been using TomTom for a long time on my TP. Now that I got the TP2 and just made the switch to 6.5, I get horrible lag. Hate to have to go back to 6.1, but I can't find any other fix yet.

dunebuggydude11 11-28-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginos (Post 1369532)
Are you on a 6.5 or 6.1 rom? I have been using TomTom for a long time on my TP. Now that I got the TP2 and just made the switch to 6.5, I get horrible lag. Hate to have to go back to 6.1, but I can't find any other fix yet.

I'm on 6.5 (mightyRom) and I am using the 7.916.... version that has been updated to fix bluetooth. It works fine on my TP2.

Imaginos 11-28-2009 07:11 PM

The 25 Nov 09 Mightrom release? If so, me too. I just NOW upgraded to 7.916 from 915. Time for a quick drive!

BTW - as I undertood, the Mightyrom builds don't use the MS BT stack and weren't affected by the problem.

dunebuggydude11 11-28-2009 11:29 PM

well i checked tomtom again and it appears the lag is still there, but not as bad as before. apparently this has been discussed in quite a few threads and there is no free way to remove it (i tried the reg edits, but they did nothing) so we will have to wait for a software update or something.

Imaginos 11-29-2009 09:49 AM

Confirmed. My once around the block last night found no improvement. Time to Craigslist my Tomtom and jump on the iGo bandwagon maybe. Tomtom has some exclusive agreement with HTC International for WinMo devices so it looks like we won't be getting any more updates unless you're on an iphone.
A possibility of stripping it out of European HD2 handsets might be a shot? (Tomtom is included on those as a stock app I think) I will start checking out HD2 kitchens and see if there is a chance.

edit - Looks like it isn't the HD2.. still hunting.

vsicarbon 11-29-2009 04:52 PM

I was wondering if anyone could help me, here's my situation.

I have installed tomtom 7.45 (9028) on my TP2. I have US maps, they are activated and recognized by tomtom. I can browse the maps but my actual gps doesn't work. I fixed the bt problem as well. The little disc in the upper right corner doesnt even spin to search for satellites in tomtom, gps with google maps doesnt work either. All it says in tomtom is that no gps found. It is switched on to the internal gps setting. Someone help! This is very frustrating.

Jalupinja 12-01-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsicarbon (Post 1371604)
I was wondering if anyone could help me, here's my situation.

I have installed tomtom 7.45 (9028) on my TP2. I have US maps, they are activated and recognized by tomtom. I can browse the maps but my actual gps doesn't work. I fixed the bt problem as well. The little disc in the upper right corner doesnt even spin to search for satellites in tomtom, gps with google maps doesnt work either. All it says in tomtom is that no gps found. It is switched on to the internal gps setting. Someone help! This is very frustrating.

I had similar issues, Im now running the latest Energy rom ui 2.1 with no probs!!!

u can try enabling agps, but shouldnt have to, if u have "htc gps tool" u can select open port then start tomtom will work for sure!!!

Peace