PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does Our Phone And Our Network Do This?

Our Sprint CDMA network is useful if you actually want to make and receive calls, unlike AT&T.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ATT Tilt
Carrier: ATT

blackfunk is a n00b

As someone who recently switched from ATT that is one feature that I will truly miss. Can't tell you how many times I've been on Bing while on the phone, or surfing the web on my train ride home and had a conversation with someone. It does have its moments where it is useful.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:58 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I need a phone where I can call text and talk at the same time, all while driving? All kidding aside, having the option is a nice thing to have I guess. But personally I've never needed to use internet while on a call. I'm just happy my phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-27-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875 Touch pro2, Sprint Touch pro(VzW), XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

Sephiro is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Sephiro

my bad on wimax

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
Isn't it true you can use data and voice at the same time on a CDMA network if the network implements EV-DV? Since Sprint and Verizon (both CDMA) implement EV-DO, this restricts voice and data at the same time from occurring.

There have been a few times when I wanted to use data while on the phone. For example, if I am on a boring conference call, I could be checking Facebook, checking email, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You theoretically can do voice and data through EV-DO..but EV-DO is no used for phone calling because it is not as reliable..so oyu use cdma 1x

Oh and sprint is going Wimax..not LTE
Old 11-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Thumbs up Re: Does Our Phone And Our Network Do This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Reminds me of the AT&T vs. Verizon commercial war...
ditto ^^^+1

but remember "theres a map for that", id pick Quality over quantity any day!!

Old 11-27-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started

The rare times that I need to receive an email while on a call, I find a wifi-hotspot I can hook up to and use webmail. AS over the air for some reason will not work over wifi if you are on a call (VZW network at least). Here in the northeast, It has paid off for me to be a Cablevision customer, as they have a nice growing network of free hotspots all over the place. My company also subscribes to I-pass, which gets you on at SBUX, Staples, B&N, etc... So if I ever need it, I can usually find one pretty close.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:50 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
ditto ^^^+1

but remember "theres a map for that", id pick Quality over quantity any day!!
HAHA, that's exactly what I was thinking of. And now AT&T has those check list commercials. I'll take my Sprint SERO 500 ($30/mo) over AT&T or Verizon any day! Do the U.S. GSM versions have a 3 person limit on the conference call like the CDMA models? I know the European models had no such limitation and you could do a conference call with like 8 people.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Reminds me of the AT&T vs. Verizon commercial war...
yeah just not too long after i saw this commerical i saw a droid commerical. about being able to do whatever you wanted and get a txt message without getting interrupted with what you are doing? can iphones not do this?

Quote:
Sounds interesting, I'm going to give that a try!
EDIT: That totally works. If you have wifi on you can be on a call and surf the web all you want at the same time on CDMA TP2s!
haha so we can do this! suck it AT&T !
Old 11-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jallain is a n00b

I also came over from AT&T and miss the ability to do both. Think about using data assisted GPS and the phone rings right when you have to make a series of turns (and you need to take the call.) Someone sends you an email you need to open to continue the conversation. I do miss it, but am happier with the lower monthly bill from Sprint.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

i can confirm the wifi and phone call works im typing while on a phone call right now while im connected to my wifi

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2