PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
High Discharge poor battery life

I am trying to get to the bottom of why all of a sudden i have poor battery life. for the first 3 weeks of me having my phone i could go a day or 2 without charging. Now my battery drains much quicker and needs charging by mid day with mild ussage. My discharge is saying 235 with no programs running and with the radio off. I been running stock rom with goodlife cleanup and CmX Pimp package since day 1. Backlight is set to auto. Any takers on what I should do to get back my good battery life? Also what should be the average discharge rate with no programs running?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:25 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: High Discharge poor battery life

my discharge rate with everything off is 70, so 235 is way high, I run like 300 with mad programs open......

for my battery life I turn auto backlight and keyboard backlight off, and turn screen backlight to 3 from the bottom...... turn of push mail, turn of push internet pages, turn of voice command if ya dont use, screw s2u2 its a battery killer, Hmmmmm, make sure opera is not on as it dont show in task manager, turn my location of while not using gps, turn of wifi when not using and bluetooth........ thats about it, and what have ya installed..

battery killers for me are s2u2, shutXP, palringo, Check those if ya have em installed.....

Last edited by Dragon2; 11-26-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallblazer124 View Post
I am trying to get to the bottom of why all of a sudden i have poor battery life. for the first 3 weeks of me having my phone i could go a day or 2 without charging. Now my battery drains much quicker and needs charging by mid day with mild ussage. My discharge is saying 235 with no programs running and with the radio off. I been running stock rom with goodlife cleanup and CmX Pimp package since day 1. Backlight is set to auto. Any takers on what I should do to get back my good battery life? Also what should be the average discharge rate with no programs running?

i had same exact problem stock rom - pimp package and goodlife and i love my tp2

get 2 day sout off one charge one day my battey discharging 375 for no reason.

backed up everything hard reset reload pimp - goodlife and apps again re load contacts and back to 2 days of battery life

try full restore first say if that fixes the problem if not then hard reset install everything again. it does not take that long my main concern was contacts but sbp backup is great for that.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
i had same exact problem stock rom - pimp package and goodlife and i love my tp2

get 2 day sout off one charge one day my battey discharging 375 for no reason.

backed up everything hard reset reload pimp - goodlife and apps again re load contacts and back to 2 days of battery life

try full restore first say if that fixes the problem if not then hard reset install everything again. it does not take that long my main concern was contacts but sbp backup is great for that.

I tried this and its still discharging extremely fast. Any other takers how i can reclaim my battery life.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

eore227 is just getting started

hmm my discharge has always been around 230 or so with nothing running is this not normal???? I've never seen it at 70 or so like the one poster said. However with it being at 230 or so my battry has been ok. Two days without recharge.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I am on my 2nd TP2 due to discharge rate and extreme heat. The one I have now over heated and froze twice today. Lost lots of data because of it.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eore227 View Post
hmm my discharge has always been around 230 or so with nothing running is this not normal???? I've never seen it at 70 or so like the one poster said. However with it being at 230 or so my battry has been ok. Two days without recharge.
Well i am averaging 230 discharge with no programs running. I never seeen 70 even after a hard reset. I dont know whats the problem wiht my phone. I know i cant bring it back to sprint because of a discharge problem the techs in their arent that smart they need abvious problems to swap your phone.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I'm usually at 229-230, no push internet, e-mails every 2 hours, nothing else running, and with moderate use can last all day and charge at night with about 40% left, even if not in a good signal area.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Where do you find "discharge rate?"
Old 11-29-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

eore227 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Where do you find "discharge rate?"
go to settings, all settings, then power and backlight button. Hmm so I installed my new extended battery that I got that was 10 dollars and charged it. My discharge is still at 230 or so with nothing running. So is everyone sure that this is not the normal discharge rate????
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2