PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

eore227 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installing cabs

Ok just a quick question. What's the general rule with installing cabs. Is it better to install them to the device or to the sd card. Like does it matter what you want to install to determine if you want to install to device or card. Say for example google maps does it run the same either way? Thanks.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:18 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: Installing cabs

I don't think it generally makes a difference. Although some programs just won't run properly if installed on the SD card. Google Maps should work fine off the microsd card.

I installed SD Tuneup (attached) -install to device
and it's supposed to speed up your phone's access to the storage card.
(not actually sure if it makes a difference, but hasn't caused any problems for me)

Also, remember if you take your microsd card out the programs installed on them won't work.
Attached Files
File Type: cab tnyynt SD TuneUP.cab (4.2 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Google Maps does work off the SD card. As a note, I install most applications to the card.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

I install everything to device (except my drug information programs I use as a pharmacist, they take up too much space). Access to sd card is slower and uses more battery. Get a custom rom and then you will have plenty of internal storage. Keep all documents, files, pics, music, etc. on sd card.
Old 11-27-2009, 02:54 AM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Whenever you connect your pc to your phone and choose the SD as disk drive (instead of AS), your phone looses access to the SD card, which can be a hassle if you had programs running or need to open/run a program while your phone is accessible on your PC as an SD drive.

Most cabs and installs don't take up much space, so I install to device just to save myself the hassle later on.

Oh, and I highly recommend installing "CabViaActivesync" here: http://www.modaco.com/content/window...now-available/

This has saved me loads of time when installing cabs from my pc. It integrates into your shell menu like so:

Old 11-27-2009, 03:31 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i install the Really Important ones to the device incase sd fails.......

And I always install my Customizations to Device, there usually small and needed withouth the sd, so I just put it on device.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

9 out of 10 installs go on the card, in my case
Old 12-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Jaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jaybell4444 Send a message via MSN to Jaybell4444 Send a message via Yahoo to Jaybell4444

OK!!! Newbee here! I put the cab in a temp file on my phone(Sprint TP2). When I click to install, all I get is a white blank web page and nothing happens. I flashed on my phone the "Mighty ROM" and that went well. But killing myself here trying to put in all the sprint cabs for MMS, NFL, Nascar, TV. They all do the same thing. Need some advice here fast!!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:03 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybell4444 View Post
OK!!! Newbee here! I put the cab in a temp file on my phone(Sprint TP2). When I click to install, all I get is a white blank web page and nothing happens. I flashed on my phone the "Mighty ROM" and that went well. But killing myself here trying to put in all the sprint cabs for MMS, NFL, Nascar, TV. They all do the same thing. Need some advice here fast!!!!

What temp folder? You should be able to just tap the .cab file to run it. You are not unzipping the .cab files are you? Do not extract the .cab file. Leave it as is and run from phone.

Let me know if this is or isn't the problem, and I'll see what else could be the issue.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Jaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jaybell4444 Send a message via MSN to Jaybell4444 Send a message via Yahoo to Jaybell4444

Well i'll be a monkey's uncle...lol...you were right. I was unzipping the file. Now I didnt and it finally worked! Thanks man!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2